If I stop contacting my recent ex will he try to?

We were together for 3 years and just recently broke up. He says he needs his space, and I understand. Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me and try to contact him only to probably push him away further. It's almost like I want to catch him before he moves on.

Why is he texting me sometimes (claiming just to be polite) in response to my previous texts, when he still needs space and isn't ready to talk? I just don't understand. I told him last night that I am moving on and he immediately responded to my previous texts about wanting to talk about what's been going on with me. What was this about?

*If I set the no-contact rule, do you think he will try to contact me? He knows its my pattern to try to contact him, so once he sees me breaking that bad habit do you think he'll try to contact me wondering if I have moved on?*

Lastly, I really really just want to see him. He's moved back to school for the summer and I know he'll be feeling a bit lonely. Will he try talking to me? Should I try to visit?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• he'll contact u only if he's interested as well :)

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Move on. He's an ex for a reason.

• He probably will.