Is his anger problem ever going to change?

My boyfriend and i have been getting along very well. He's nice to me... except when we fight he turns into a monster. Before when we got into fights he calls me a bitch many times and punches walls breaks stuff. Up until yesterday things were going fine. After work i went to thw grocery store because i share my car with him during the week so he can get to work so i wouldn't have had any time to get food in. I also had to get gas and it was crowded. Once i got home he was mad said i took too long. I tried cherring him up he called me a hoe and a bitch after he promised he wouldn't call me that again. He also tells me to leave and get out every time we fight which makes me feel like i don't even belong there. So i started packing my stuff and then he gets even more angry starts crying and slamming doors. I love him so much but i feel like he will never stop calling me names when we fight and telling me to "get out of his house" when he wanted me to live there so bad it starts to make me resent him. Without me he will have no way to work so he will probably lose his job. Also i can't leave when he's home or he will break my stuff. What should i do?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• You will only start to resent him even more, truth is, we always think people can change but the moment we start thinking that, they don't and 5 years down the line you will still be in the same position. I would pack up some stuff, and go somewhere you feel safe for a couple days, it will hurt but you need to get away and have time to think clearly. Personally I wouldn't tolerate it, because if he says he'll change he will for about a couple days then it'll go back to the same, at the end of the day you will do what you want to do, but you know this isn't healthy for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He needs to get help by taking anger management classes. If he doesn't go he will never change and things will only get worse. I highly suggest getting out, pack up your things when he is at work and leave. Don't worry about the sharing the car or him losing his job it isn't your responsibility on how he gets to work. I would worry more about what he could do to you first before anything else. Please don't stay or let his charming ways or let him bully you into staying.

• it won't change.