Why is my ex doing this?

My ex boyfriend and I dated for 6 months. We were on and off twice for stupid reasons and this last time we broke up I did it over text because I was so angry and just didn't want to see him in person. My reason for breaking up is valid because he would just always ignore me when he would go out and drink and it would make me feel terrible. A couple days after I broke up with him we both agreed that we needed to talk in person for closure because we have things to say to each other. He said it would be next week and well that week has come and I asked him when we would be talking and he keeps saying "I don't know" and keeps pushing it back. I ask him why he keeps holding off and all he says is "cause I can." I just don't get why he keeps doing this. He is 21 years old so it is just immature to me. But does anyone know why he is doing this? We did love and care about each other but he is just acting like he couldn't care at all anymore. When I broke up with him he agreed to it too so I wasn't just being the bad guy. I am just so confused as so why he won't talk to me in person and have this closure. Any reasons behind it?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• he's too immature.

What Guys Said 2

• guess he's mad at u i'm afraid :|

• awkwardness maybe

What Girls Said 1

• He could be avoiding it because he does not want the relationship to end and needs time to think. It could also mean he doesn't want or need closure, I hate to say it but he doesn't seem to be making it a priority. I wouldn't text him for a few days and see if he comes to you.