How can I get him back? And what is he feeling?

Okay so me and my ex broke up almost 3 weeks ago. He called me last night and texted me begging me to see him. I said no, and this morning he apologized because he was drunk and didn't mean to contact me.

tonight we spoke on the phone for two hours, and I told him I was talking to another guy and am in a relationship with him (I lied). He said he was happy for me, and that he is moving on. I continued to tell him that talking to him has made me realize how much I still loved him and I opened up to him. He told me he still had feelings but that he didn't want to get back together. I asked if he loved me and last night he told me he did but tonight he told me he didn't know what to say. I really want him back, but I don't know how to get through to him. I asked him to think about it and he said he would. But then he proceeded to tell me that he didn't want me to wait for him or have hopes.

Im so confused. How do I get him back? 30 day no contact?
Report

73

Most Helpful Guy

• I am confused now to because you both dont know what you want

• I want him but every time I told him he kept mentioning the guy that I've been talking to.

• Well then lose the guy and see what happens with your x

What Guys Said 2

• Move on and find a new man to fixate on. If it's a forced reunion, it won't last

• Move on, and not regret again. Seriously!

• But I want to get him back

What Girls Said 7

• You can't force someone to come back, love. If they're gone, they're gone, and there's nothing you can do to change it. What you CAN do, is take care of yourself, and the next time you fall in love, work and hope that it is healthy, and will stay that way.
    Take care!

• You can't get him back. It hurts but maybe you need to move on. If he really wanted you and saw a way that you two could be together in the future, he would make it happen.

• All you really can do is give him time (30 days seem fine, be strong) and be honest about your feelings. That's it.

• Yep 30 days no contact seems good if you can sustain it? I know I couldn't... good luck x

• u'd better not pick up his phone nor text him in order to see what he's up to. If he is your, then he'll back for u.

• Move on. He's your ex for a reason. It's normal to miss someone you spent time wth but if you get back together, things won't be the same. Y'all are just deprived of having that "person". Y'all know y'all aren't meant to be deep down, stop forcing it and tread other tides. You don't really want him. He doesn't want you. Accept it.

• It seems like you're both playing games here! I think it's best to give him space. Once you responded to his texts/calls it made him comfortable/realize you still care. He's thinking you're going to text him to see if he's thought about it and when he doesn't hear from you he'll wonder what you're doing and most likely text you! Wait it out a bit and see what happens

• I feel like I ruined my chances because I told him I was with another guy. But then I took it back and he insisted that I pursue the new guy because he's sure I'll forget about him.