How to give my ex space? With no contact will he come back?

We were together for 3 years and broke up recently. How do I keep my mind off wanting to contact him? He says he needs his space for right now. I don't know how long this is, but I'm going to wait at least a week. He's expecting me to constantly try contacting him because that's my past pattern. If I don't contact him for at least a week what will he think?

02

What Guys Said 2

• Depends how mad he is and what he's mad for. Could be days, weeks, months or even years.

The sooner you stop contacting him and giving him space, the sooner he'll cool down.

Let him contact you first though, that way you'll know he's open to talking again.

• The thing is that he's not angry, and it has nothing to do with me. He just needs to work on himself etc.

• Take anger as an example. Whatever he's feeling right now, he needs space. He asked for the space and you need to respect that if you want ANY chance of getting him back.

• If he is asking for space, might need more than a week ( maybe a few weeks/ a month)

• I'm just wondering that since he is expecting me to contact him, what will he think when I don't?

What Girls Said 0