Text from Long Distance Ex after 2.5 months No Contact?

Long distance ex texted me today after 2.5 months no contact.
I went on a clean break and got a text from him today inform of a joke (humor), that is probably his way of trying to start up conversation.
What should I do? Should I reply or let it slide?

- thanks -

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks his X in his own softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it comes Time------Text from long distance Ex after 2.5 months...
    He is obviously Missing the Kissing and the history you both shared and whatever time you both spent as this LDR couple online and off. However, going back to the "Way we were" and to what caused this break up, it's up to you if you want to get the sleeping dogs up and at it again and have this go barking up the wrong tree once more.
    LDR are one of the hardest to have and to uphold of any relationship. It takes two special people to make the effort and to take the time to make the effort to make this work. If only one person is making the effort as a loner team member, this can go dead in the water
    Think it over carefully. If you have moved on, why fix something that needs not be fixed, especially when you can find someone closer to your home and to your... healed heart.
    Good luck. xx

• just ignore it.