How many of you Gags believe or know a genuine friendship between ex partners is possible?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather not find out if it's possible.

• how do you mean?

• I would not attempt to befriend an ex. Nor do I have any curiosity about it. I don't invite unnecessary drama into my life.

• your sound wise.

What Guys Said 4

• Never worked with me but my older brother is a legend at it. Seriously dated the whole school and girls at other schools and is good friends with almost all of them still! And his current girlfriend doesn't seem to mind either >-< its ungodly... So I guess it can happen but not often in my opinion

• haha that's is true. your brother sounds like a very sociable guy who probably is very charming and can get away with a murder :)

• haha ya he has got to be. My last girlfriend cheated on me while I was working on a potato farm driving semis for only 3 weeks! I guess more than anything I have no interest being around people like that

• oh sorry to hear about your rough experience. Hope you meet someone nice one day. wouldn't want to be friends with someone who cheats on me either. No forgiveness to traitors! No time for them either

• Its always been my experience and that of the people I have known that it either ends up with the couple getting back together AND breaking up again or one person getting feelings back and getting hurt.

• this sounds like one of the most common scenarios.

• I think it happens very rarely.

• always wondered what a break up and the whole previous relationship be like for two people to still want to stay in each others lives in a friends capacity, unless, kids are involved

• u mean honest?

anyway it's possible...50/50

What Girls Said 3

• It is possible. I broke up with my recent boyfriend (who was my 2nd boyfriend) 4 days ago and my ex, who was my first boyfriend, is the one comforting me and giving me advice and reminders, telling me to stay strong and move on. And he's still there for me whenever I need someone to talk to. But of course we don't love each other as boyfriend and girlfriend, but as friends.

• Aww sorry to hear about your break up. Hope you feeling better with your friends support

• Thank you, I am better now. :)

• I have seen some... very rare

I wouldn't stay friends with an ex... unless he was my best friend

• If it ends on a good note then it can happen

I'm friends with about maybe 2-3 of my ex's. Though I don't talk to them to much since I don't text.

• Though I feel bad for what happened to 1 of my ex's lately. He got married but the chick he married ended up cheating on him right after that happened. So yeah they got divorced really fast. Still that was wrong of what she did to him.

• That might be it stay friends with the distance :)