Is it possible my heart's breaking?

when me and my boyfriend fight, or something... I get awful chest pains.. like it goes all cold inside and it hurts really bad in my chest and sometimes when I breath... its really weird. because my chest on the inside really feels cold, has this happened to anyone? Or am I crazy!

30

Most Helpful Girl

• wow.. my auntie ( not blood related) has an aunt who died of a broken heart right after her husband died .. so I don't think its impossible .. I don't know .. I'm not a doctor .. I think though that because she was old she just gave up her will to live .. ( you know how you can just give up or kind of choose to let go whn your old.. ) I think that's all that happened .. so technically your heart can't break I don't think .. but yeah I have gotten that too I think its just anxiety and stress .. I really am madly in love with this guy and he has been really snappy at me lately .. if I say something and he isn't in the mood he like bites my head off .. the last time he did it ( today ) I got the feeling your describing I just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry and I added pressure to my chest because I couldn't breathe .. I don't know what it is .. but your not alone.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• what you described sounds a bit like a panic attack to me. From personal experience I would say the phrase heartbroken isn't really appropriate, when I broke up with my ex I felt like someone had puched me in the stomach, but maybe that's just me.

• Perfectly normal reaction to stress and upset. I get what feels literally feels like an emptiness in my chest that hurts. You're definitely not crazy... ;-)