Have you ever lost your identity after a breakup?

It's been four months now. I lost my career.. and her at the same time. I have friends to go out and drink with and kick the shit but no real friends.. im just awkward and seem off working tgese random odd jobs. Confidence went from 100 to 0 that quicklu. I literally have no idea who I am at this point.. about to turn 22. Now Im just starting college.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• You should never feel like you've lost who you are, you're way too young to be thinking like that boy. It must be hard, I understand. You had that person always there and you did many things together and all of a sudden that all stops. Look at it this way, you can make the best of it and find yourself seeing as you're only 22 and it's not the end of the world. Having someone doesn't make you who you are. So, take it slow and don't over think it (I know its hard not to) but trust me, things will get better just give yourself a chance.

• Just feel like my life's on hold right now I'm working mindless peasant jobs.. waiting till school starts in Two weeks. Then switching jobs to be a bouncer on weekends then school full time. I think once I get to that step I'll start feeling better.

What Girls Said 1

• I understand this completely! I think maybe you were basing your happiness off of this person and now that they're still gone, you're left with having to pick up the pieces.

What Guys Said 3

• Not completely, but felt sort of aimless and lost after things ended with my SO of over ten years. You're so used to having that other person around as part of your life that you forget not having them there, not taking them into account when you do things; stuff like that.

• guess it can happen, but u shpuld b ver close to this person in order for this 2 happen though...

• she was your coworker?