Does the no contact rule really work?

If I stop contact with my ex and give him space, will he come back to me or contact me?

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with giving an "EX" his 'Space,' let's say, there could come a day, when he has used up some of his air time and comes back and wants A... Friends with benefits factor.
    With giving him time, No contact, he may not want to be hooked at the hip anymore, but be friends instead because with having his 'Space' and Having his cake and eating it too, although he may be Missing the Kissing and the history you both shared, he wants to think he can have the world his own way.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• The no contact rule is only an success when the other person is still madly attracted to you. If he isn't then he will move on, as a matter of fact... he already did, by simply breaking up with you.

• But he said it has nothing to do with me, he just needs space to work on himself.

• That's what everyone has said. He just says that for the moment he still needs space and that it isn't about a dislike for me?

• only if he likes u back i guess!

• Nah.. An equally likely outcome is he might forget about you. Its human nature , we adapt from repetition.
    To give space one need not lose contact.

• If he is your ex why would you want to draw him back. You should learn from what went wrong and move on and enjoy improving on yourself.

• it might depends on who broke up with who and the after math of the break up. if you care about him you should talk to him

• Are you doing it to see if he will come back?

• I'm doing it to give him the space he asked for to work on himself.

What Girls Said 3

• There is always a possibilty he will contact you, not sure about the coming back to you part. Usually contacting is always the first thing guys do before they even try coming back to you.

• If he still loves you and cares about then yes it can work but you have to give him space and not contact him.

• yeah it does.