Why am I being told to move on and get over it?

I'm 30 and he's 23. We have history and we've been through a lot together. We broke up February this year and it's hard to deal with because we literally spent everyday with each other, we lived together. We did everything together and he was my lover but also best friend. My family and friends are telling me to get over it and I think it's because he's younger they feel I should brush it off. But I bet if he was 35 they'd console me and support me which is bullshit. Fuck the 7 year age difference I was in love with someone that I was with and we broke up. Breakups are hard regardless. I just feel so alone.

35

Most Helpful Girl

• ... We have history and we've been through a lot together...
    Just because two people Break up doesn't mean thry can'y and don't Make up and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks his X in your own softie spot here, dear, there is usually that opportunity that comes knocking again when they get in touch with you out of the blue because they are Missing the Kissing and... the history we've been through a lot together.
    It's not saying that just because contact comes through, that you both would go back together or be hooked at the hip again. Many times over, even if it is a year from now, it's Friends with benefits and nothing more in store, just because they still feel the comfort of what they used to have when you were together as two birds of a feather.
    Age is just a number, Not a reminder, I always say. Perhaps it is his young age that make your family rand friends React as they do and they feel he may have not experienced the same as someone who is '35,' but no matter Who it is, how old, I believe, they should still be there for you as someone who needs a shoulder to cry on and who has... a broken heart.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand with the man... hope you are feeling better soon and take this weekend for you. xxoo

• Age is just a number? And hell is just a sauna.

What Guys Said 5

• Any pain is real. Age makes little difference, the heart wants what the heart wants.

• Well the difference between the 20's and 30's is extreme. It is not there when you are 40 and he is 30, but , as you have seen, at 23 they are still just boys.

• Just ignore those idiots telling you otherwise. If you two are happy or care enough for one another, it shouldn't matter as much. Remember that age is just a number, provided both of you are legal age

• Do what makes you happy and don't pay any attention to those who want what they think is best for you

• You don't know what you're doing at 23, you'll be a very different person at 30. That's probably why, people saw breaking up as an inevitability anyway. But you should treat it like any other break up and the best thing to do is to take lessons from it and move on.

What Girls Said 2

• i dont think age really matters. a breakup hurts no matter what. espcially if you've been through things together.
    some people dont understand that and they can't help it. just take as long as you need to heal and move on. try and to be happy and keep your head up. it will pass and you'll be happier than ever again :)

• You gotta keep busy. Volunteer. Pick up hobbies. It'll get easier.