Should I break up with girlfriend?

So my new girlfriend about 2 months was still flirting with some guy recently right after we started dating. Him sending her picsof his junk in his boxers. Fast forward a week or two, we were on vacation weekend together and I saw some texts on her phone of her talking bad about me to him saying I was jealous and probably saw her texting him. He was also asking her about what sexual stuff we had done.. I was livid as hell and ready to leave her ass then.. i confronted her and laid it to her ass she promised never to happen again and he won't be an issue. I told her I never wanted her talking to him again and she seemed genuinely upset that the whole situation had taken place. She said he was just a dick and thought bringing me up more would make him go away. She also told me if she had anything to hide she would leave her phone in front of me and let me know her passcode. That made me feel a little better. Im pretty sure the guy is a ex boyfriend too but im not sure. Anyways she's been on a 3 week long vacation with her family so I haven't seen her since our talk and everything has been great in talk and text since then, we talk all day every day basically and she seems all in... However the million dollar question is if she's still communicating with this guy when i see her this weekend should I cut her off then or find out what the hell is the deal and confront her on it again?
Side note: my gut does tell me she is genuine
Thanks!

89

Most Helpful Girl

• My One question to you here, dear is: Is she alone on this '3 week vacation' or is someone keeping her company where she can't even text you a "Hello?"
    She sounds to me as though she hasn't gotten over her blast from the past if she was and still May be talking and texting to the skeleton in the closet that has you so rattled. She seems to want her cake and eat it Two, if I may say so, and even with her now as I write this, even though everything may have been Hunky Dorey before her holiday, I find her behavior rude and crude with her not so much as sending you a message. She appears to want to be her own woman, want her freedom and independence and yes, without trying to point fingers, He may still be in the not so rosy picture.
    Have another little chit chat with her when you see her again, my friend. Ask her why you have not heard from her, and if she shows all the sure signs of hymning and hawing in any way, even with proof she may still be gushing with this ghost, time to boot her out the door, nothing more in store.
    It's nice you are so trusting but my gut is telling me she is still hooked on him.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 7

• well since i have been there , just ask her to check her phone when she comes back , dont give her chance to do anything on it , if she refused or you found anything then just leave without saying a word. and please please do not ever try to forgive her oif you found anything again , because this way you will only be hurting yourself , i did that and i forgave to live in hell with trust issues , you dont need that , it is hard i know , but if she is not loyal , just leave , take a time by yourself , and after a while find someone who you can trust 100, cheaters suck , i hate them

• She's not loyal to you and in my opinion you should dump her right now. But if your gut tells you to stay with her, then give her a chance to start fresh but cut her NO slack the next time she messes up. This girl is playing you.

• My gut does for now, however any sight of him this weekend its over.

• Definitely, I'm with you on that... good luck!

• If I were you, I would have ended it when I found out about her talking shit about me.

• Beleive me I was very close, she said she wanted to bring me up more to make him realize she has a boyfriend and to go away. I think its bullshit but maybe im stupid im giving her a pass on it.

• Umm? So instead of boasting about what a great boyfriend she has, she thinks the better tactic would be to talk shit about you? If anything, that would encourage him to talk to her even more. Either she's dumber than a brick or a lying douche. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

• Im praying I see 0 talk with this guy and her otherwise im taking your advice and telling her to kick rocks im out

• if she's telling him your jealous etc how is that going to make him go away, if anything it'll make him keep on it, it's pretty simple to make a guy go away you tell them to leave you alone not sure what the difficulty is.

• I agree 100% im giving her the benefit of the doubt right now. I hope she doesn't fuck it up.

• I understand good luck.

• When she comes back ask to see her phone, she offered so ask. Don't give her a chance to go through it first. Take a look at her messages and also at her photo's. See if she has any from him or any she has taken and sent to him.

She already told you she would stop and she hasn't, she could have just ignored the guy or told him to go away so the mentioning you thing sound like bull to me. She probably is genuinely upset, but that's because she has been caught out - not necessarily repentance or guilt over treating you unfairly.

• "She said he was just a dick and thought bringing me up more would make him go away"

Such a bunch of bullshit. Why would she talk badly about you? You would do the complete opposite. You would praise your boyfriend for the other one to understand that you would never leave your boyfriend.

I wouldn't even to begin with talking to a man whos sending me pictures of his junk while I'm with someone and we're exclusive.

She's not genuine. She's manipulating you when saying "if she had anything to hide she would leave her phone in front of me and let me know her passcode".

• Exactly something is really fishy and it sounds like complete bullshit to me too. Im hoping we are past this but there is definitely something not adding up.

• yeah you should.

What Guys Said 9

• Dude seems to me she made little effort chasing away the guy. No respect. Same time you confronted her and she abide by it, that's cool. I'd still have trust issues like hell, cause no girl I know who's loyal will keep dick pics, or send messages back and forth if she's trying to get him to stop. Girl knows how to ignore. Trust me... Girls know that art very well. Anyway, now she's out and about and this weeken when you see her if she still talking to the guy... It's a tough call but same time she's disrespecting you. Can't have that now. I'd cut her off. Love and relationships takes time yes, but never shall it be really really disrespectful or over complicated.

• I agree completely man, im gonna be spending the whole weekend with her so any sign of him and her still texting, peace out bitch!

• Damn straight!

• I would have cut her off then and there. It shouldn't take you catching her talking shit about you to a man who keeps sending her cock pictures and telling her off for her to stop doing it, if she was decent she'd do that all by herself. She's the kind to cheat then say "I didn't mean to, it was a mistake" either because she's a sneaky cunt or because she doesn't have the guts to reject other men hitting on her.

• not at all... she was nice wasn't she?

• She was nice but she also was talking negatively about me to another guy behind my back.. what is that? I am giving her a pass but if i see more conversation knowing what theyve previously talked about why would I?

• Yeah he was asking about what sexual stuff we had done over the weekend and she told him "Hes really jealous he probably sees you texting me right now"

• very mean then...

• Avoid trust issues... I lost my last one because of this shit... man fuck those dickheads who try to steal girlfriends and break up relationships...

• For real man Its like they can't get their own so they have to fuck with someone elses. Im really trusting her and I have trust issues with her over the situation but im looking past it until she proves otherwise.

• You should cut her off, if she is still talking to that guy.

• She sounds like a cheater honestly

• Easy, if she ain't loyal just cut her off, if she done it again this time and you catch her, give her last chance this time and if she did it after this warning just break up with her.

• end it she's a bitch

• Dude, why does your gut tell you she's genuine? Just curious. How long has she carried on with this guy? I mean, if it were me, I wouldn't hold my breath that she just up and walked away from an ex. Clearly, if being with you in a new relationship, wasn't a good enough reason to stop talking to him, than I doubt your words will influence her. Now, I could be wrong, and for your sake, hope I am, but if it were me, she wouldn't haven't gotten past the talking shit about me to a former lover. That for me, says all I need to know.

• Im not sure he is her ex boyfriend and technically I have no evidence it is even the same person. In the weeks since she has been extremely interested in talking to me and our future. Those things somewhat reassure me however I could be stupid. Im gonna see her in a few days so if she is texting him still as of that point its over, im not stupid and wouldn't be that naive to waste my time.