It's been 3 months and I still didn't got over him?

He dumped me 3 months ago, we were together for 3 years. Absolutely nothing has changed and I'm still not getting better, not even a little bit. I still think about him every day and I cry from time to time. I miss him. I living my life normally tho, didn't do anything drastic after the breakup just kept living the way I always lived, working, hanging out with friends, traveling... I did started going to the gym but it doesn't take away the pain. I tried dating others, bad idea because I wasn't interested enough and it made me feel even worse. I have good and bad days, sometimes I have good thoughts about him, sometimes bad thoughts, but the amount of thoughts are the same from the day we broke up. Is this normal?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• He may have been your First Love here, dear, and a First Love is probably the hardest to get over of any...
    I was 16 when I broke it off with my First Love and we had been together for 3 years. However, it wasn't over nite that I got over him, it took me 7 years to conquer this. No matter who I dated or tried to be in a relationship with, they were just a Rebound Robert, nothing more in store.
    It wasn't until we finally met up years later and just before he was set to get married, that God gave us the test of time to see if it was what it used to be and... it wasn't. I finally was able to set my poor heart free and move on.
    It may take you a while, maybe not as long as me but do yourself a favor and focus on you, try not to sulk and drive yourself to gloom and doom. Life is too short and find a friend, a girl friend maybe, to begin socializing with and you can go out with, just to get out of the house and take things slow.
    Time does heal all wounds and I can't promise it will be even another 3 months from now or 3 years, but life is what you make it and with a Break up, comes a valuable lesson in love and to have had the experience and the chance in romance that many don't even get to go through.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• do u see anyone else meanwhile?

What Girls Said 4

• It's na├»ve to think that you'd be over a long term relationship in such a short amount of time. Just keep yourself busy and it will get better eventually.

By the way, what you're experiencing is totally normal.

• it might take some time. especially since you were with him for so long. just be patient...

• Yes its completely normal watch this video it might make you understand more k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJbOrFe_FNA

• it takes longer than that.