Is he worth it? Long distance relationships? What should I do? I still love him?

So this is a long distance relationship and it's so much more complicated than it sounds if I was to explain it. But to keep it short originally me and ex boyfriend had heaps of arguments and he wanted to break up with me. But was too afraid to do it in person and kept delaying to come down to see me to talk it off. So I went up to see him 2 weeks later after our break. He lives in Sydney and I live in melbourne. I wanted to get some answers because he just left me hanging and we didn't communicate at all. I got my answer, he told me he still loves me but it doesn't change anything. He said he fell in love with me again when he saw me, but he just doesn't want a girlfriend anymore because he wants to work on himself and become successful? He wants to buy a new car and hopefully save enough for a deposit for a house. But he says the main reason for not wanting to get back with me was because we had heaps of arguments and it wasn't working out. But in my opinion, it's because he told everyone we broke up already when we didn't. I don't even know why he would do that, telling his friends and all that we broke up but didn't tell the me first? Coward or? Later on I was being sneaky and everything, he fell asleep and I grabbed his phone, checked his messages and Facebook for anything I've missed out on those weeks I've been away from him. I found a note that he was going to confess to another girl and he wanted to work things out with her after breaking up with me. I was upset, my heart literally sunk to the bottom. I confronted him and he cried, apologised and said he doesn't know why he did that, he didn't know what to do he was clueless. I don't know whether I was the one being 'cheated on' or he was... I forgave him and tried to understand the situation. After all those complicated things, we broke up and we are friends talking everyday. It hurts me talking to him as friends but I want to know if it's worth trying to get back with him again? Or just give up?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Long distance NEVER works been there done that,

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I trusted my boyfriend enough to move away for work and he started a new relationship behind my back and I never thought he would do me like that so to each its own

• Hey. I've have a few long distance friends, let me tell you it's worth it. There is so much less stress talking to someone with some distance, then your neighbor.