I tried to contact my ex, he said he doesn't want to talk to me ever again?

Me and my ex were best friends for so long, then we finally dated. we broke up (my fault) and he wanted me in his life still but I couldnt handle the fact that he was talking to other girls and didn't want me back, so i had to cut him off for my own health, and his. Yesterday I tried to contact him and he answered he phone and said "I don't want you in my life ever again or to talk to you ever again. I promised myself I wouldn't." and then hung up. I told him I'm in a better place now and can talk, but he doesn't care he said. I honestly still see him in my future and it kills me he won't even try to have a conversation with me..

How likely do you think it is that he'll contact me again? I've been messaging him on social media and calling him but nothing works. Is he still hurt? I just dont get why we can't even talk. Please help.

Thanks.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You should leave him alone for a while. Contacting him will only push him farther away. I am in the same boat as you with my ex, I love her and I still want to marry her even though I know that that will never happen ( we dated for almost 2 years and she always wore my promise ring on her ring finger). If it is meant to be you will cross paths again in the future but you cannot change his mind at the moment. He is obviously still upset with you.

• I like that saying... what is meant to be is meant to be.

• Yup. It is and it works with almost everything relationship in life.

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes this is how things work. Unfortunately you have made the situation worse by trying to instantly fix a problem that requires a lengthy solution.

If you ever want to talk to him again (like when y'all are 30 or something), leave him be and drop it. I know it's hard, but this is what it's come down to.

Never say never, but you are putting down a lot of reasons to "never" talk to you again by pestering him.

• I'm going to wait for him to contact me now.. but I fear he never will.. how likely do you think it is?

• i'm just scared he's gonna find someone and marry someone else or something. He's the love of my life, and to me he's my soulmate. My anxiety is killing me cause I don't know if he will ever talk to me again.

• I understand, but you are letting too much of yourself be wrapped around one person who DOES NOT want to be around you at this time. You need to take a deep breath and realize what the actual situation is. You cannot force him to love you, no matter how much you love him. If it is meant to be, things will work out.

• Respect his wishes.. You keep shooting yourself in the foot.
    Let him have his space, if you have not done too much damage already, he'll come around eventually

• that's temporary in my opinion... guess he'll calm down after some time

• He's stubborn.. said he doesn't even care about talking to me. I was just trying to say hi. What if he never contacts me again? I've sent him tons of messages after we got off the phone last time, I left him a voicemail too. I'm just freaking out. I can't even text him cause i'm blocked on his phone and the only way I can talk to him is if I call on a private number.

• then better don't bother i guess, if he's a stubborn dude ;)

What Girls Said 2

• He's obviously hurt. He may be a guy but he still has feelings like the rest of us and you can see that clearly when he told you he didn't want to speak to you again. It seems like he doesn't want to get his hopes up anymore as he was hurt from the situation before.

• thats understandable.. I hope he considers it.

• you should move on too.

• I did but I was just trying to be friends

• yeah, but he doesn't want to be friends w you.