How long does it take to get over a break up?

its been fours now and yet still i can't get past a breakup. it hurts just like yesterday. when will it end, i am depressed all the time. when do wounds heal? when does the pain stop? when will this go away?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• How long it will take will depend entirely up to you! First of all.. You have to allow yourself to go through those grieving stages! Anger, hurt, possibly jealously, bitterness, wanting revenge etc . Each of these are reall emotions and hurt deeply.
    Give yourself that time to go through them. Then start shaking it off. Startdiumg things to improve yourself, physically , mentally etc . Get your hair done, nails, facials , start a new hobby , take a coarse at school or local colledge , get yourself out there and you will feel loads better because your self esteem is getting stronger.
    Also this is super important , do not jump into another relationship too fast. Don't rebound.. Take the time to enjoy being your own best friend. You must learn to be happy with or without anyone , this is very important. Evaluate what went wrong in the relationship , it takes 2 so I am sure you can improve on some things. Do it for the health of your next relationship.
    Trust me I have been there! There were times I didn't even want to get out of bed or go on. I let myself go.. I was miserable.. But you have choices.. Chose to move forward.
    Best of luck
    N

What Guys Said 4

• If it's any comfort, I'm still not really over my ex, whom I broke up with six (!) years ago.

There is a risk of mythologizing your ex, who, however wonderful, is a human being. You risk using them as a comfort blanket to protect you against the world, a world that, if you engage with it, can offer you new experiences, perspectives and people.

Take care :)

• Its not forever. You only have so many tears.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZuvkzdEwU

• Two weeks, three days and one hour precisely.

• you need to speak with someone or just start sky diving, running, enjoy the damn life! :)

What Girls Said 5

• You really need to go get a life. I know this sounds harsh, but sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself over a break up that happened 4 years ago is just ridiculous. Go do something, go on dates, go get drinks with your gf's, join a book club. Just do something.

• If you really liked him could take a couple days to weeksweeks sometimes even months. Sometimes you just never really get over some one, just force yourself to move on. I don't think I'm over this guy i was with and its been 6 months and I still miss him.

• four years or four months?

• Well, I think it's possible that you may never "get over" some break ups. You learn to live with the loss and you find ways to move on while respecting and occasionally nurturing the hole the loss left you with. The important thing is to make sure you're not perpetuating these feelings. If you're constantly thinking about it or checking up on your ex, you're perpetuating the situation and, in turn, it's continuously making you feel bad. You will heal and you will move on. It requires a lot of self-discipline, but you just have to make conscious decisions to put your overall emotional health above wanting to relive the past or mourn the loss of this person. 4 years is a long time. Stop putting yourself through that, you don't deserve it!

• it takes a few months.