How can I appeal to his logical side to get back together?

We were together for more than 3 years and he broke up with me because he needed space and pulled the "its not you its me" excuse. I've been giving him space and its been a week since we've talked.

He's big on logic and not so much on emotion. I want to get back together so badly, so how can I appeal to his logical side and do this? I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I want to be less emotional and more logical when I speak with him about getting back together. I want him to see how I've changed and have worked on myself.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• That's the problem, love is not logical it's emotional. You shouldn't change or try to be less logical, ever. You're doing the right thing by following your emotions, he is the one with the problem. And sadly he won't change no matter what you do. You can't make someone love you. My advice is to not contact him at all. And if/when he does, just be yourself and try to be polite and happy when talking to him. But don't ever ever push aside your emotions, not for anyone! I know 3 years is a long time and you can't believe how it came to this after that much time. And you're probably wondering if it was ever a love. Hate to break it to you but it wasn't. 3 years is more then enough to realize if you love someone or not, and he doesn't. For him, it was probably just a huge lust and entertainment. And he's right that it's not you it's him, even tho he probably doesn't think like that he just said it not to hurt you, but he's not aware that really IS him. Someone will love you one day with all their heart and then you will be glad you never turned your back or questioned your emotions.

What Guys Said 3

• "It's not you, it's me" translates to "It's you". You were clingy/insecure/desperate in the relationship to the point of breaking up.

Men are just that, we act on logic. Women are the opposite, you act on emotion. Which makes us very different from one another - a lot of people deny this.

It's only been a week - that's nothing. It took 2 weeks for my ex to reach out to me.

It varies of course.

I'd suggest you hang back. He knows that he can get in contact with you, so there's no need for you to message him.

When he does you simply assume he wants to see you and you say "Hey, it's great to hear from you. I'd love to see you, when are you free?".

TIP: It's NOT up to you. Since HE dumped YOU, it's up to HIM to get back together.

• better wait a little bit more...1 week's not much

• Well, does he have any faults that you pragmatically fill? Such as monetary burdens?

• Not necessarily.

• That's not true, though. We fulfill each other with a companionship like no other, and I am always there to listen to his problems.

• Companionship IS emotional though.

What Girls Said 2

• Leave him. He's separated from you for a reason. You'll find better.

• The only way you'll have a chance to get him back is if you leave him alone and if he still cares he will contact you but if you try to contact him you may push him away even more and it will not allow him to miss you. I know how you feel I went through the same thing and I didn't speak to my ex for over a month then he called me and now we're talking regularly and might get back together.

So don't contact him just live your life like you normally do and as time goes by you will be less emotional if and when he contacts you. Best of luck and hang in there it does get better k ☺️