How long does it take you to get over someone?

I know it depends on how deep your feelings is but how short/long before you got over someone?

my ex - more than a year
my college crush - 3 years before i realized i dont like him anymore
my work crush - 8 months

those are as far as i can remember lol

77

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how long I'm with them, how much I invested myself into them, amount of good memories, how well we got along etc.

My first ex - A few days.
    Second ex - about 6 months
    Third ex - still ongoing after about 4 months. It'll probably take 6 months+ to truly get over him.

What Guys Said 7

• Pretty soon, most of the times less than a week. I got over my last girlfriend in just one day, but truth be told, I didn't feel much for her, that's why I broke up.

• My ex wife immediately

• My first girlfriend ( ex) took over a year
    my second one wasn't as long
    this girl i had a crush on it took many years
    i almost couldn't stand being alive that's how
    much i missed her.

• One time it took me 6 years to get over someone

• I fall in love with a friend and I have move on, I feel that I have still feeling for her and I care about her as a friend, now that I know that she has no feeling for me and I just block any thoughts about her and push them away, doing that and knowing that I was able to move on quick

• 2 years after my first emotional connection with a girl. A few (barely) weeks with most girls after that lol

• It tends to take me quite awhile, sadly. And I halfway wish I'd never met them.

• You sound like Holden Caulfield. Write a book!

• @jackkerouac77 i'll tell you the story sometime. And I could write a book no problem. 'Tales from a Squirrel, volume 1: Life lessons from a Pest'

What Girls Said 6

• Depends how much I truly cared about them. Some I could get over in days. Others could take months or years. Just depends how much of my heart was in it.

When you truly love someone and they are gone that is something you will never get over.

• I had a MASSIVE crush on a guy for 3 years, and I got over it after about a year of not seeing him.

• there was a dude that I didn't get over for like 9 years. I'm sure if he was still in my life I would still have a thing for him.

• It took me five years to get overy first love. Yeah, its really hard for me to get over people..

• A few months

• My ex got over me instantly... maybe in the same minute he dumped me. He never looked back, never contacted me again or anything.
    I loved him and I still do, a year on :-(