I want a divorce but I am too scared?

i want a divorce from my husband. we got married an year back. he is a decent man but i do not love him at all and i am actually in love with someone else. however, i am too scared to even speak about it. i am scared of hurting his feelings and feelings of my in laws who are lovely people. i am scared of what my friends and family will think of me. i am under too much social pressure but i do not want to be with him anymore. please help.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if u don't love him then you can never make him truly happy, because to make someone feel special u have to feel that they are special in the first place. Secondly marriage is a partner and when both the partners don't feel the same way, the product will always be a disaster
    Lastly people shouldn't be concern, they will think whatever they want and u can't stop them but what matters is what u think and that's all that matters

I don't know why u married that man in the first place and who the other guy is but u seriously need to talk it out someone, getting a divorce is not easy but if you truly feel that you can't learn to love the man who is your husband then ending it is the right call

What Guys Said 4

• I'm so sorry! I feel your pain! I'm in a similar situation and I'm really stuck.
    It's too late for me but you can get out NOW!
    It will be very hard with lots of turmoil and yelling and hard feelings and you will hate yourself through it but you must go through it. The sooner you get it behind you the sooner and easier it will be to heal and rebuild yourself. It's not your fault. Things just happen. Life is a one learning experience after another but you CAN do it! You can find support too.
    good luck!

• Why did you even marry him in the first place?

• if u don't love him then yeah... otherwise u r playin wid him i guess :)

• Remember that most weddings cost over 30,000 just to put on. Are you sure you want to waste your daddys money

What Girls Said 3

• Although it will hurt him, you need to do whats right for you. Life is too short so you gotta live it up. Plus its better to end things than cheating
    I think you nrrf to tell him ASAP

• How did you fall in love with someone else?

• Why did you marry him to begin with? Was it an arranged marriage? Those can be tricky, sometimes you don't love who was chosen for you. If you see no happiness in your future with your husband, you will more than likely (but not definitely) grow resentful and bitter. You may even resort to cheating on him. If he is a nice guy, that will probably hurt him a lot. I guess you can discuss this with him, and explain to him that you are not in love with him and are unhappy.