Should I give him the xbox?

So I broke up with my boyfriend today. We're still going to have to organise a time to give each other our stuff back (which I'm not looking forward to). Anyway, I was silly enough to halves with him in buying an xbox 360. We agreed if something happened between us, one would give the other the half of the money and it would be all good.

I don't really wanna keep it, but he also owes me money that he borrowed from me a number of months ago. I doubt he's going to be able to get it together to give me the money, as its over $200 with th xbox

What should I do? I feel so tight discussing money with him, but I'm not just gonna give him the console either. If I keep it, I'm going to have to try and sell it, as I don't really use it. Agh, buying it was a mistake.

He struggles with money a little bit, but considering his current debit to me, he also makes zero effort to give me anything back. Wastes his money on takeout pretty much everyday. So, yeah, he wouldn't be giving me $200 + any time soon

34

Most Helpful Guy

• An agreement is an agreement. Just send him a cold email, something formal like I'm holding this xbox in lue of the $200.00 you still. owe me, if I don't receive payment by _______ I will be forced to sell it. Do it in writing that way you have record of it.

What Guys Said 3

• well if he's a trust worthy guy than just give it to him and tell him you need to pay you back and if he doesn't and money isn't tight just know that wasn't a true man... unless you pissed him off pretty bad but personally that would be the top of my to do list if i was in that situation

• He owes you money, so it's logical you recoup it from the Xbox.

• If you keep it you realize you have to pay him right? And if you don't he has a case against you. You can't legally sell something that he owns half of without giving him compensation.

• Yes, I get I'd have to give him half. I just don't want to keep it, so I would then be selling it

• So, you are still going to be in the red. Because there is no way you are going to sell it for what you bought it for. And all this seems like it's a last little power play/jab at him, it kinda seems a little petty really.

What Girls Said 3

• It's a new Break up here, dear, so don't be hasty just yet. Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Goodbye, my love forever... This goes too for 'Our stuff back.'
    Wait awhile and feel the situation out. If you both end up kissing and making up, this would have been all senseless.
    However, if within the month, you both just decide to get this done and have made up your mind to 'Organise a time,' tell him you want Half of what you paid or you will have to... Try and sell it and give him his half.
    With ' A mistake' buying the xbox360, give this some serious soul searching time as to... Was my relationship as well?
    Good luck. xx

• I would keep and sell and tell him That's for the money he owes you

• I say keep the X-box