Should I give my ex another chance?

He treated me badly, tried to bring my self esteem down, and was selfish and took me for granted. I left him because of this 2 weeks ago but he has been promising that he will treat me differently should i give him another chance? Has anyone been in this situation before?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't get back with your ex. It's only been two weeks. He'll probably start off treating you good then you'll get caught up and think you're in love & he'll start treating you bad again. You will find someone that treats you better. Don't go back to him

What Guys Said 3

• I'm experiencing this with my ex girlfriend right now, but she's already in another relationship... she told me she's sorry it had to be like this but she's putting her happiness first and that her heart and mind simply won't let her give me another chance right now because she doesn't want to risk getting hurt, she said she's seen my growth but she simply doesn't want to take my word that I've changed because she's heard it all before... I'm crushed and I can't be friends with her while she has feelings and is building a foundation with this guy so I've been in no contact for about 6 days I just don't know if I'll ever get her back

• if u want him as well.. then yeah obviously

• No, he treated you badly. Never give them another chance. You know who and what he is now, That won't change

What Girls Said 5

• It's easy for a guy to say I'll change blah blah blah when you're just dating, Who knows maybe he will change maybe he won't , it's up to you to make the decision to get back with him. But if he starts taking you for granted and all the other things you mentioned which made you break up with him in the first place then, I suggest you just end things. A man who loves a woman will do anything to keep her and make her happy.

• yes.. you should.. or you will always think ''what if''..

• Generally, I'd give second chances, but probably no more than that

• He is an ex for a reason and should stay an ex for the same reason

• Try to give him another chance. But he doesn't mend his ways, then leave and never come back to him