Does my boyfriend want to break up with me?

I have been with my boyfriend for five months. Our relationship seemed great. Whenever we do have arguments though they are small easily fixed. But a couple of days ago I said something that apparently he did not like. I thought it over and apologized for saying it amd I thought we were good. But yesterday when we hung out he was acting rude and he made at least three breakup references. I confronted him about it and he said that he was just kidding but it felt like he was trying to provoke me. So I am really confused on whats going on. Because he never acted this way before. Friday (its Wednesday now) he told me that he can see a future with me and then Monday he started acting weird. Then yesterday he invited me to his sisters birthday party to meet his grandparents. I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I dont know if he is punishing me, stressed out, or trying to breal up with me. Please give me your opinion!

I asked him if he wanted to break up and he was adamant that he did not, but its like he is pulling away! I have read that this is normal and I am trying to give him space but I am so confused on what to do. He calls me every day but our conversations are not as affectionate as before. is this normal?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Only he could know that. Probably should ask him.

What Guys Said 5

• I think your over reacting, don't over think this just relax and be nice to him. I would like to know what you said because it would give me a better understanding as to why he would mention breaking up...

• Well it was about hanging out with other girls. One in particular was his ex girlfriend. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable with him hanging out with her but I am totally fine qith him hanging out with his other female friends. I told him that I didn't want him to flirt woth them thought I soon realized that the way I said it sounded jealous and controlling so I apologized and told him that I trust him completely.

• Maybe he's trying to get you to break up with him. A lot of guys purposefully become crappy bf's in an attempt to get the girl to break up with them.

• I don't think he would introduce you to his family if he planned on breaking up with you any time soon.

• Tell him you're worried he's breaking up with you. Tell him you feel as though what you said is making him question your relationship.

• go along with it for now. it wouldn't hurt to go and meet his grandparents :P

What Girls Said 2

• He was just trying to get back at you. He was mad & tried to hurt as much as you hurt him I guess. Or tried to hurt you more. Yes this is a very childish thing to do but he just wanted revenge. He wanted you to feel what he felt in a way. If this makes sense. He really doesn't want to break up. He was just mad & saying things he didn't mean & being unthoughtful about it. You should ask for an apology.

• Don't worry girl that happen's sometimes after an argument. It's like me and my boyfriend but three years still going, sometimes we stop talking to another when we get into an argument, but try showing him that you care for him, maybe by hugging him long or watch a movie together. But remember the thing's people don't like to be heard is best left unsaid.