Is it weird/wrong I don't feel sad about the breakup?

I broke up with my partner about 2 days ago. I'd been thinking about it for a few months now. Id out grown the relationship and I wasn't enjoying the time we spent together. I cried a little in the few months leading up to the breakup, but now its happened, I dont feel sad, more relieved that its done. I'm excited about being single again. Is this wrong? I feel bad that I'm not grieving over the relationship, but I'm actually happy with the choice.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• No, You should rejoice at the fact that you don't feel sad. Well, you were sad but now you feel relieved and thats amazing because most breakups are really sad. I went through the same thing a few years ago with my ex and at the end of it all I was so happy and over the whole relationship because it was NEVER meant to be. I'm happily married now and couldn't be happier! :)

What Guys Said 2

• That's absolutely fine that you didn't go through break up remorse or something

• Well, sometimes you just know that you weren't truly in love with them, or that you fell out of love.

What Girls Said 2

• No no you're fine, the relationship had run its course. The fact that you don't feel bad doesn't make you a bad person. Be selfish and make decisions that make YOU happy. Goodluck!

• Nahh, don't feel bad. It just goes to show that he wasn't the right one. You can't help the way you feel. You obviously did something right since you're happy. Stop worrying and enjoy your new single life ☺.