Why girls don't give another chance to guys who cheat?

I cheated just once and she left me. She didn't care how much I was sorry she even didn't care how much I loved her and ready to fix things again. Why girls can't give another chance to guys who love them but had a mistake?

3819

Most Helpful Girl

• You also didn't care about her when you cheated on her, how much she loved you, and most guys probably dont know this but girls who are in relationships also get hit on and a lot, you dont think she had the same opportunity to do the same thing? But she didn't cause she thought of you. she cared for you.
    But its true people can really be sorry and regret what they did.
    But its not just telling her how sorry you are but showing her and also give her some time , if its recent then she is still getting over the shock and fact what someone she loved did to her. If time has passed by she might be over it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Once you cheat, you destroy the entire relationship, her trust, and all credibility of yourself. It doesn't matter how much you "love" her or want to fix things, how can she trust you to so that? You've already stabbed her in the back once, there's no evidence to show that you won't do it again. Cheating is no "small" mistake that usually gets a second chance.

What Girls Said 37

• Because if my boyfriend were to cheat on me, I don't give two shits why he did it or how 'sorry' he is. Giving reasond as to why you cheated on someone is nothing more than an attempt to justify doing something you knew from the start was terrible.
    Of course you're sorry... 99% of humans would be sorry they got caught.

• I cannot belive the "only once" business. Every second you we're thinking of that other girl, you were cheating. If you really loved your girlfriend and felt sorry, you wouldn't have cheated on her in the first place.

• So because one girl did it, we all do? Grants most of us do, but there are some who forgive.

You destroyed her trust in you. I mean, it's not like you slipped and fell into another woman... then in and out, in and out. You made a choice, and the choice was to be with someone else. If you were even having any thoughts cross your mind along those lines, there was something wrong with the relationship or something wrong with you.
    From her point of view, if you had stayed together and you were sad, she would wonder if it was because of the other woman. If you were happy, if the other woman caused it. If you were thinking about her or the other woman. Can you see now why couples who've experienced one person cheat, they generally fail? If you had been cheated on you would now how crushing it is - someone doesn't care about you enough to talk to you, they can't even bare to look at you naked.

That's why most girls don't give a second chance. And that's why most guys don't give a second chance either.

Reading your comments to other people, you are making it sound like because you are a man you should be treated better. "It leaves men with broken hearts". You broke her heart when you cheated. She has every right to be treated better, and you won't treat her right. You've proved that, and proving it now in the way you speak.

• its because trust is gone and you left her with trust issues.. you can't get her back

• But I love her and would do everything to get her back just need her to gives me another chance.

• i you really loved her you shouldn't have cheated on her...

• I'd say you not accepting responsibility would be a good reason why she won't give you a chance. You have blamed the other girl, she isn't in charge of your fuck... you are. It's your fault you did It and I don't blame her for walking away. It's clearly obvious you aren't very emotionally mature.

• 1. It will only make her feel even more stupid and foolish
    2. It's a waste of time now being aware that he simply cannot bring something to the table that many women need: LOYALTY, TRUST, DECENCY, and INTEGRITY
    3. He has shown his value system and it sucks so why waste anymore time web there are men out there who are greater than him internally?

• because it will never b the same... no matter what you do.. if she had cheated then i think you could not forgive her either... i dont want to sound rude.. but a mistake? your pants got off by theirself? and your thing went into a women without telling you?

• I could not forgive because of another reason. It was all mistake the other girl fooled me she told me no one would find but she told my girlfriend.

• lol... he cheats, gets to sleep around and expects women to be all forgiving, pure and loyal.

• ok.. soo in your opinion it was ok to cheat if she would never find out? like it is ok to have sex with a hooker if girlfriend or wife doesn't find out? would you b ok if she hires a male escort? you cheated.. you hurt her.. accept it.. and move on.. and dont do it with another girl.. it would b different if you were raped by that girl.. but that is not the case here...
      @Vesuvius87 lol indeed...

• Very simple: Trust is gone.

If you cheated on me, I would never trust you truly regret it, I'd think you only feel bad you got caught.
    I would never trust you truly love me, I'd think you're with me because you can't find someone to love more deeply.
    I would never trust you're a truly honorable, respectable man, when you meet your unsatisfied needs by cheating, instead of working to fix the problem. My opinion of you would fall completely.

With that alone, nothing else you can say to her would matter.
    In one ear and out the other.

• I believe it varies on the scenario:

1. You cheated, and she found out. So you "GOT CAUGHT"
    2. You cheated, felt sorry and confessed it

Some cheaters are only sorry because they have been caught. Otherwise, they would have gone on and on. And if that's the case, they don't deserve a second chance.

However, we all make mistakes, and if the guy confessed right away, and made a huge effort to work it out, I would consider giving him a second chance!

• Because if you love someone you don't go fuck someone else. Leave them if you want to be with someone else that simple.

If you can't be loyal and faithful don't be in a relationship not hard

She would have faced temptation in every day life too except she didn't succumb to it

• You did it the first time, what's your proof that you won't do it next time? Cheating isn't something that is easy to forgive. If you really love her, you wouldn't make THAT kind of mistake. Heck, you wouldn't even think of doing it. Because you don't look at anybody else when you love somebody.

• Using your same logic, should guys also give another chance to girls who love them but made a mistake?

I would dump you immediately too.

• That logic won't work when you change the positions.

• Wow OP. Just... Wow.

• Oh now I get it, this is another ''I get to sleep around but my woman has to be pure'' hypocrite. A cheater isn't a husband nor father material either. Since you have that sexual double standard and have the nerve to expect a woman to remain all pure and faithful but you can't bring the same to the table... even more reason to get dumped.

• Once is more than enough times to cheat.

• Because she can no longer trust you. Relationships cannot work without trust.

She most likey feels humiliated, that she was not 'enough' and that the other woman must be prettier. Cheating is a big knock to someones confidence.

Why should she give you another chance. You disrespected and hurt her feelings in the worst way possible. She deserves better.

• Because trust is more important.

You love her yet still cheated on her. What does that say about your love?

Why didn't the love you have for her stop you from cheating?

By cheating not only did you break her trust but also showed her that you don't have much respect for her...

Or that you don't care about her feelings.

I believe that loyalty and trust are the foundation of a relationship... if you don't have that, you dont have a relationship.

• Seriously? Sth like this can't be simply fotgotten and forgiven. And cuz : once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Would you give a girlfriend a second chance if she cheated and promise not to do it again? There is your answer.

Once the trust is gone, there is no coming back to it. I dump a boyfriend for trying to set up a date with another girl. Even for trying to cheat, that was enough for me.

• No I don't but I'm a man.
      Set up a date is not even near to cheat!! wow you are so extreme.

• A cheater is a cheater regardless of gender. Also if you're in a relationship, you should not be setting up a date with someone else and telling them you're single. That's already cheating to me.

Now I seriously hope someone cheats on you and then tells you ''Well I'm a woman and you weren't satisfying my emotional needs''. Hey, women have excuses too. All cheaters have nothing but excuses.

• Its a trust thing. We start to worry if the guy might cheat again and we become paranoid about it.

• I told her I would not do that again but she said even if I don't cheat again she no more want to be with me.

• But trust is a hard thing for a girl to get back once its lost sorry

• Because she just has problems trusting you, no matter how much you say you love her its hard for her, she won't understand that if you loved her so much , then how come you had to find another girl... she could even have the feeling that she wasn't good enough for you, i dont blame her for not giving you a chance tbh, I've gone through the exact same thing as her. trust is what you need in a relationship, think before what you do next time

• You may have regretted it but people don't change easily and she knows that and being cheated on is just plain hurtful so if it was me, despite still being deeply in love with you, I love myself more and wouldn't risk myself getting hurt again when that risky chance I could be giving you can be given to another man who might not cheat on me and would pour all his love on me giving me the happiness I had hoped for with you. But I'm happy you regretted your mistake but I guess it's just not meant to be with her. Let her find her happiness and you should find yours and this time don't repeat your mistake. Good luck buddy.

• Haven't you heard before? " a leopard never change its spots ". You cheated on her and she was hurt enough already.. don't expect a second chance because if you really loved her, you wouldn't have cheat in the first place. How can you be sure that you wouldn't cheat and hurt her again?

• Cuz you would never have cheated on us if you really loved us. Thats why. There is NO EXCUSE for cheating EVER, sorry.

• Because he cheated... and they don't want to get cheated on again...

• But that will leave guys with broken hearts.

• If guys cheat, girls will be left with broken hearts

• I forgave a cheater and he did it again and again

• I'm not like him I realized how much its wrong to cheat.

• If you want her back you got to show her how much you want her I forgave mine because he started crying heavily and begged on his knees with roses.

• Bc cheaters will always be cheaters

• Cheaters don't deserve second chances

• You didn't deserve another chance if you cheat your in the wrong

• I wouldn't want to be wondering if you do it again, the trust is gone.

• I did it once and find I don't do that again but she didn't care.

• She would always be wondering if you're doing it again, it's trust.

• Once a cheater is a cheater

• For me it depends on the situation. Cheating is so much more than the physical act, and some people will hate me for saying this but often than not a man or a women isn't engaging in an affair solely because of a physical attraction to the other person. Its not that one dimensional, often than not, the person in the relationship is either being emotional neglected and seeks that sort of assurance outside of the relationship. I try not to judge because its more than meets the eye.

Personally, I would forgive because everyone deserves a second chance and I am the type of person that doesn't hold grudges. Also I have been on both sides of the fence, have cheated/ been cheated on so I can really see both sides of the story. Just because someone does this doesn't mean they don't love you, sometimes they are dealing with issues or the other person has failed to provide them with something emotionally or listen to their needs. It takes two, although the person committing the affair is more liable.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 18

• Lol. I have stories where a girl will cheat and pretty much start crying to be forgiven. But when a guy does it he can't be forgivn lol. I love how much of hypocrite people can be.

• Once a cheater, always a cheater

• Cuz... fuck you?

• "She didn't care how much I was sorry she even didn't care how much I loved her and ready to fix things again."

img.pandawhale.com/...-gif-are-you-trying-FYwK.gif

• lol... good one.. thats is exactly what he is trying to do.. he should just leave the poor girl alone..

• A good reason why cheaters deserve another chance when it's an act that's preplanned please.

• "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..."

• Dude, grab a tequila and move on. Shit happens, you messed up, take responsibility and get a new girl.

• 1.) Cause cheating ruins a relationship forever and changes everything...

2.) You deserve it!

3.) You deserve it!!

• You whine that you cheated "just once" as though that makes it any better. Trust takes a long time to build, and once broken, can often never be rebuilt.

• Probably because cheating is not a mistake its something you wanted to do but aren't man enough to take responsibility for your own actions

• Because they have in their minds~

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/58432579.jpg

Once a liar always a liar.. 👊😛

• It's not only girls, personally, I would never give a girl who is a cheater a chance.

• Girls lose trust more easily period.

• Ur a clown.

• Because the guy is being unfaithful and a scum.

• How would you feel if she cheated on you. Not very good, right? Why would you give her another chance, seems pitiful to do so

• IF he's DONE IT ONCE HELL DO IT AGAIN SO WHT SHOULD THEY?

• Because you're an untrustworthy loser who will only cheat again.