Muslims, can you fix thrice divorce?

My husband divorced me thrice in once, now he regrets it can we fix it? Without me getting married to another dude I would never do that. And he was aware... Does it count as one divorce or three?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a Christan girl, sweetie, I still have a husband out in Egypt and he says if he ever divorced me, this counts as many times as you do this, I believe... He says too he can go and put down again we are married and all can be done at the Ministry of Justice.
    However, he also said that I if I was not there to Sign my own name, he would have to get as lawyer to do this without me.
    Unless you have Sharia in his country, don't believe you both are... Divorced.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• how is this even possible? thrice in once... sounds pretty contradicting.

• It happen a lot to Muslim community 😔 and they when they try to fix it, we have no idea how. Some say you can't divorce someone thrice it's counted as one. And many said it's actually possible and there's no way for those two to go back 😔😔

• this is what this rule is for... to have 3 chances
      you can´t just waste all of them at once.

• I know I hope it counts as once

• how is this even possible?

What Girls Said 1

• It counts as 1.

• How can you be sure? If you could prove it I would so much appreciate it 😔

• They also quote as evidence the report narrated by Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad with a jayyid isnaad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), that Abu Rakaanah divorced his wife by saying “I divorce you thrice”, then he regretted it, so the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) returned her to him with one word and said, “This is only one (divorce).” This hadeeth and the one before it are to be understood as referring to divorcing by saying “I divorce you thrice”, in order to reconcile these two hadeeths and the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "the divorce is twice."