Is it too late to get her in trouble?

My ex girlfriend emotionally and physically abused me and the last time was the early morning after Christmas this past year. I don't know why I didn't call the police after she hit me and the threats she made, but I feel like I need to now. Is it too late or can I still do something? Her family is like my family and it was that one time I was over there at mama's house with everyone. And my ex and her mom live together and everyone else is separated.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell her family about it. Also it is too late, but I could understand why you would want to tell someone. If she contacts you again, I would tell the police, you shouldn't let her get near you again. I saw the other girls comment, and ignore her. She is being mean and she shouldn't talk to you like that, especially when she doesn't know the situation. There was no reason for your ex to become physical like that. And since the other girl who commented wasn't there, she can't say anything. I can understand if she is trying to say you also started something, but if your ex got physical, when you didn't do anything physical to her, or threaten her there was no need for that.

• Ok. Thank you. And I did notice that the other girl was just being plain rude and I didn't understand that

• It is just unnecessary, but yea, I am sorry that it might be too late, because of no evidence besides her word against yours. But just make sure not to let her back in your life, you deserve better.

• Ok. Thank you

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. It'd just be your word at this point. They'd need some kind of proof of a disturbance to actually do something.

• So now nothing happens in result when it's such a big deal..

• Is this a gay question? I mean, are you really a girl

• Uh yeah. And I don't know what I am exactly.. I think I'm bi

• Not everyone is straight ya know

• gf? lesbo? wtf?

• Not everyone is straight ya know

What Girls Said 2

• You need to tell the cops. It's never too late. I would recommend doing so as soon as possible. Don't wait.

• I can still do it and it will be fine?

• You would have to look that up, I honestly don't know. 911 is for emergency use only.

• Oh and yeah that's true. I was thinking that. In the back of my head I was questioning "what if I did that and they asked me what the emergency is when it's not currently happening"

• What's the point in calling the police now? Just to be spiteful?
    Did you really just sit there like an innocent angel while she hit you or were you guys having an argument where things got out of hand and you had been nasty too?

• No one was there to help and I couldn't get my phone and make a call because of her and how bad she was. AND she ripped my charger out of my hand and almost broke my phone

• "She made herself do and say everything she did so no" False. You were an aggressor, you were combative, and you played an equal part in things even getting to that level so don't go trying to play victim. (My intuition never lies.) Go ahead, call the cops so that her family and yours can look at you with disgust.

• You don't have to get physical to be an aggressor.