Have you ever done something to alter your appearance after a heartbreak?

Like dying hair, getting piercings, tattoos, changing hair or wardrobe styles?

I confess that I do. It makes me feel more desire to change, and everything would remind me of them. it kind of helps me.

92

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes me want to work out again and maybe change my hair. I also want to get a professional photo shot done.

What Guys Said 2

• I started doing sports

• ahhh not shave? :p Not as in wanting a beard to change my appearance, I just didn't need to shave so it was easier. :D

What Girls Said 8

• Cut your hair, dye your hair nothing else.

• A year ago when my ex husband and I split, I took a long look in the mirror. I had really let myself go the last few years of the marriage due to being unhappy.

I have since lost 4 sizes, banned sweats from my public apparel, wear my hair loose as often as I can, developed a new make up style for when I do wear it. I love me again. It had everything to do with ME not liking ME anymore.

• Awesome! More people should do that! especially women. They tend to be harder on themselves.

• i dyed my hair black from dark brown and got bangs

• Yup. I dyed my hair a brighter shade, changed my style of clothes and lost some weight. I felt better in myself and I'm still going.

• i try to put more effort into hair and makeup and maybe outfits

• Now that you mention it, I've been changing my style a bit and trying to lose weight.

• But you're beautiful though. I guess we all do that though. Lol

• Awe thanks haha. I guess we do. It's in the way we portray ourselves after a travesty. We get this whole "I wasn't good enough" thought controlling us and after a while it takes over completely.

• i cut my hair short, dyed it blonde it made me feel 100000000% times better.

• I changed my hair from black and red to black and purple. I admit it was because he said black and red was his favorite color combination.