Most Helpful Guy
Coping with break ups? well I have always been single, but still to answer your questions, certain things can be done.
1. Go on a long vacation, say 2-3 weeks at least.
2. Spend most of your time doing solo activities, yes doing exercises.
3. Spend time with yourself to understand yourself better, so you won't repeat the mistakes again.
4. Never talk to your ex, severe all contact whatsoever because talking doesn't do any good in my opinion however it's subjective, so it depends.
5. Spend time reading and learning more about relationships, so that one doesn't repeat the mistakes.
Those were some of my views and opinions.
Most Helpful Girl
I think it depends on the level of attachment. I just went through something that was not quite a break up but it went on long enough and felt like one. Because I was so attached to him, it's taking me a long time to heal. I find myself unable to move on, my mood is to down to really exercise, and talking to him either ends with me loving him more (if possible) or me sitting in my room, crying myself to a very uncomfortable sleep.
If the break up is mutual and no one ends up hurt, then I feel that makes things MUCH easier. It gives each party more control over their feelings and the situation. They can choose how to take things.