How do you cope with a break up?

Do you find someone else? Excerise? Give it time? Still talk to your ex? Let's hear your opinion & find what's most common.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the level of attachment. I just went through something that was not quite a break up but it went on long enough and felt like one. Because I was so attached to him, it's taking me a long time to heal. I find myself unable to move on, my mood is to down to really exercise, and talking to him either ends with me loving him more (if possible) or me sitting in my room, crying myself to a very uncomfortable sleep.

If the break up is mutual and no one ends up hurt, then I feel that makes things MUCH easier. It gives each party more control over their feelings and the situation. They can choose how to take things.

What Guys Said 2

• Coping with break ups? well I have always been single, but still to answer your questions, certain things can be done.

1. Go on a long vacation, say 2-3 weeks at least.

2. Spend most of your time doing solo activities, yes doing exercises.

3. Spend time with yourself to understand yourself better, so you won't repeat the mistakes again.

4. Never talk to your ex, severe all contact whatsoever because talking doesn't do any good in my opinion however it's subjective, so it depends.

5. Spend time reading and learning more about relationships, so that one doesn't repeat the mistakes.

Those were some of my views and opinions.

• Thanks... My boyfriend just broke up with me an hour ago through a text message saying. I can't do this. Sorry. Bye. Then he blocked me.

• You're welcome. I just hope you are okay.

• One bright side of being forever alone, never had an ex :D

What Girls Said 5

• I always better myself, take care of myself and nurture myself. I start to slowly get back into doing the things that I love to do. I completely focus on the things that I can control and let go of the things I cannot control. I also just live in the moment and appreciate all the great things I still have in my life.

• Don't find someone else. Become confident being just you. I just went through my first breakup and I started exercising a lot, got my hair and nails done. Become the sexiest version of yourself. I also connected a lot with my spiritual side since the breakup. Finding happiness within myself and trusting what is meant to be will be. Hang out with friends and family. Be happy.

• I try to move on.

• eat ice cream

• I try to find someone else to fill the void.
    I compare them to my ex.
    I continue to stalk my ex online.
    I stop talking to whoever I was using as a rebound and try to focus on improving myself ( working out, eating healthier, finding a new hobby, throwing myself on work)
    When it doesn't work I try to get drunk with friends

At the end of the day I still feel hollow and I'm still thinking about him