Its been over a year since we broke up and about 2 months of NC, would there be any harm in sending a text saying I miss her (nothing else)?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• ... It's been over a year since we broke up...
    If she has contacted you in a month of Mondays, I am sure like yourself, who has supposedly moved on, she may not be feeling the same way as you do here, dear.
    Why fix what isn't broken or has been 'Fixed' when Was... Broken with this Break up. Sure, you could go ahead and push a button on your end to text a mere "I miss you," but if she doesn't reply or does push a button on her own end to tell you "I'm fine, I have a new boyfriend" or something to this Effect, it will, in fact, "Affect" you and your mended heart and here begins a whole new beguine of another sore spot in your softie spot.
    It's your choice, your call, but if you do decide to take the plunge, just send a "Hi" and don't tell her you miss her. Go light and semi sweet at first until you see where she is right now so that you would not have done this, going feet first into the murky waters.
    Good luck. xx

• sorry, sweetie.. I meant to put down "If she HASN'T contacted you in a month of Mondays..."xx

What Girls Said 3

• I'd suggest not saying "I miss you" - but go ahead and text her if you feel like it. Something that references a positive, unique memory between you two and lets her know you're thinking of her. But keep it low key - you don't wanna seem like you're pressuring her.

Something like "Just saw a ____ and it reminded me of the time we _____. That was fun :) "

• No, I don't think so. It'll depend on the way she interprets this. Be prepared for confusion because she most likely won't know EXACTLY what you miss (her, what you guys had, your friendship, etc.)

• No, tell her the truth!

What Guys Said 1

• I would definitely NOT send her a "I miss you" text... chances are that she won't even bother answering it, let alone opening it.

I assume you'll be sending the text because you still have feelings for her and want to get back together? ... Chances are she has moved and is in a relationship, or at least has started dating someone.

The thing with women is that if they regret the break up, or miss you in any way, they would be in contact.