Guys, Will you leave the one you love because of their parent force on you to leave her?

So my boyfriend of a year left me because my mom forced him too. I don't think he loved me did he? Would you do the same?

• Yes, I would.
  • No I will never give up on her
Girls can not vote on this poll
I'm a Guy

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the circumstances, age and all that.

I really liked this girl when I was younger, but her parents felt there was too much of an age gap between us. She was 17 and I was going to turn 20 in about 2 months.

One night, we were sitting side by side on the couch, just holding hands and her mom walked in and kicked me out and told me never to return. I still don't see what the hell was so wrong about the circumstances.

We kept seeing each other for a few more weeks but the challenges of keeping a secret relationship going was more than the 2 of us were willing to take on. So we broke up.

If we were a little more grown up, had our own places, I probably wouldn't have given up.

Parents are a powerful force and there are a lot of things to factor in. Don't be too hard on the guy. It's a tough spot to be in.

What Guys Said 13

• It depends on whether or not she would choose me over her parents. I don't want to marry a woman, and have to constantly deal with the mother in law from hell as my girl just sits there letting her mother mistreat me.

• Depends of the girl's reaction. If the girl didn't even try to intervene to tell her mother to fuck off, then yes, I would leave. Who wants to live their lives with someone who won't go to bat for them with friends and relatives? Not me.

Now, if the girl told her mother off and tried to make things work between us, then yes, I would keep seeing her, because I would understand that she was in a bad position and doing the best she could given the circumstances.

• If he was under 18 I would not have much a choice... if she was 18+ I would tell them to kiss my ass.

• So you would leave your family and completely cut off all relations with them to be with him?

• If I had a girlfriend whose mother was trying to oust me, I'd do everything I could to prove her wrong and be the best man possible.

• Tough, but I think I might. Family is important and it would feel quite back not to be liked by her parents.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Yes, I would. I wouldn't go against the will of her parents, even if I hated them.

• one good thing about not having many close ties.

• it is a respect thing and it depends on how they forced you to leave them alone and why

• I would convince them anyhow... If i love her gud enough they will approve at some point.

• well i had no choice in my first relationship
    her mother made her break it up with me
    cause it was some type of racially motivated
    bullshit her mother brainwashed her with

• I mean I was in the same position. We could see each other twice a month for like 6 months. We had terrible communication.. and it came down to her moving out with me to lose her mom and her free college ride. She chose option B. Want to know how I think after four months of intense grieving? It's not that black and white.