Do you think my ex-girlfriend still has feelings for me?

So my girlfriend that I am completely and utterly in love with broke up with me about four months ago; because our relationship was getting to serious I guess. She didn't waste any time getting with this new guy that she had met twice. Anyways, long story short they are dating now. However we still text and snapchat everyday. Like for most of the day, we are even each others number one boyfriend on snapchat (over her bf). There is mild flirtation involved.

• She is over you dude
  • She still has feelings for you
  • She thinks she is over you but subconsciously still likes you
    Vote C
Just to let everyone know at once... I CANNOT just move on. I know it seems crazy giving my age, but with every fiber of my being i know that she is the one. My goal in asking this question is really to find out what i can do to get her back.

2615

Most Helpful Girl

• By experience, I can tell she is still in that passionate, kind of delusional phase you go through when dating. Probably when she starts seeing the bad sides of the other guy she will come running to you because she will miss the memories you have shared together.

• So based on that, do i need to keep up contact, or do i need to ease off and let her wonder why im not talking to her?

• Dear Asker,
      I would ease off and let her wonder. Beware of potential unhealthy cycles, though: if she comes running to you but goes back to her current boyfriend from time to time or runs to him every time you have a problem, YOU are in a problem. This is absolutely toxic and you should never allow yourself to become plan B forever. Try to easy off and see how it goes. Make it clear that when she is with you again, you are in this together and there won't be second chances. You want a serious relationship and if she is not up for that, she can go meet with someone else. Remember: you are NOT a plan B!!!

What Girls Said 25

• She has her cake and eat it... Two here, dear. She naturally, Obviously still has some feelings for you, however, there are qualities in the newbie that you do Not have and vice versa and with 'Snap,' it's A... Snap even better with this.
    Snap, Crackle and Pop... You decide and if not, keep it like this and just keep it simple. If they ever break it off, you know who she will be turning to but even Then... I think you will still be Second best from the rest.
    Good luck. xx

• She has a boyfriend. Move on. Why stay with someone who makes it blatantly obvious that they don't want you as their boyfriend? If she really liked you then she wouldn't be with someone else in the first place.

• Listen here, you little bitch. I'm not gonna tell you some wishy washy bullshit you want to hear so your heart flutters from hopeful excitement. I'm gonna lay out the cold hard facts based on the information you have provided.

She doesn't love you. If she did, she wouldn't have gotten together with another bloke in a matter of DAYS.

She is a selfish bitch. She got with this new guy, yet she keeps you on a leash just in case things don't work out with him. The second she snaps her fingers, you'll come running. You are THE PLAN B. You're second best, if that. She'll keep you around until something better comes along after her current fling and shove you back in the doghouse.

How can you call this woman "the one", when all she does is wipe her feet against you? Stop being such a doormat, tell her to stuff it and MOVE THE FUCK ON!

Nobody said moving on is easy. It sucks hairy donkey balls and you'll cry and whimper and shout in sadness and anger, but that's how you get over her.

From the sounds of it, she's not even worth getting upset over, since she's blatantly USING you as an emotional crutch only when it suits HER. This cunt has zero sense of decency and will carry on using you for as long as you allow her to.

Did this hurt your feelings?

Good.

Prepare for far worse when she decides she's bored of you and completely cuts you out of her life.

• "wever we still text and snapchat everyday. Like for most of the day, we are even each others number one boyfriend on snapchat (over her bf). There is mild flirtation involved."

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that she isn't over you and that she's playing the BOTH of you. How does she dump you and then not even give herself a min to stay single and just jump to the next person? Stop talking to her. You're giving in to her confusion. Don't for once lead on to think that you're into her because she's playing a game. Two can play that game. Ignore her and see how fast she wants you back. Your ego is important, you'll take my advice. She's simply disrespecting her boyfriend and you. Quit falling for the trap.

• So you're saying ignore her and she'll come back? How does that work considering she has a boyfriend?

• Because it's all about reverse psychology. You're giving her what she wants 'ATTENTION', something that her boyfriend probably isn't giving her much of. You STOP, she wonders and thinks, then she starts to miss you. People want what they can't have. The moment you start ignoring her, she'll crave that attention and will eventually start begging for you.

• Also, she doesn't seem like she's very happy in her current relationship or maybe she doesn't know what she wants, because if she was, why is she being flirty with you? You're making it too easy for her. She can just bounce you around and lead you on. Don't let her! Play hard to get and she'll want you.

• I think that she still likes you, but you have no hope in getting back together with her if you are contacting her everyday. You are like her adoring puppy dog, who comes running Everytime she calls. you need to make youself a lot less available. Don't answer texts right away or even at all. If she ask, explain that you were 'busy'. Women like a man who is confident, knows his own mind and doesn't answer to no one.

• If I were you I would stop contacting her. Stop snapchating her. Stop texting her. Stop speaking to her all together. This will be hard especially since you love her. But it doesn't sound like she's treating you or your feelings fairly. She breaks up with you, starts dating another guy but still wants to talk to you and keep you in her circle. It sounds like she is not serious about you and is sort of playing games. I say stop contacting her because she will get thrown off. She'll wonder why your not speaking to her and entertaining her. You both are not together anymore so you have no obligation to answer her or contact her. By not contacting her it will give you both some space. And during that time, maybe she will find out what she really wants because right now your giving her options. Your saying "yeah it's okay, you can date other men and talk to me too" but don't give her an option. If you love her and want to be with her or get back with her don't let that be okay. Don't let her have options. If she wants to be with someone else, then unfourtnely your going to have to let her go. But if she wants to be with you then she's going to have to make a choice, don't let her play you like that. Stand strong on what you want. I am a woman and I know how woman work, when you stop contacting her she'll notice your absence. And what she does with your absence will show how she truly feels.

• She misses you. What ever she thought she would get from "the new guy" she's not getting, only you can fill that! Be a little patient not too easy *don't let her use you emotionally, and eventually she'll come running back to you! Good luck and hold on to your love:)

• Sometimes is hard when relationships end. You get so used to having that person around and as such a big part of your life that it's hard to just break off that connection when you break up. I hate to say it, but I think it's time for you to let go. Stop texting and sending snaps. Either one of two things will happen. 1. She will finally move on and so will you or 2. You've set your little birdie free and she comes back. But I wouldn't count on it. If she's already got a boyfriend, she probably started talking to him before you broke up.

• Lol snapchat an text is not that big of deal. An she's taken so move on. She dumped you an then replaced so quick. Showed no courtesy of respect to you at a

• ok... so your ok with the fact that she is dragging you along while fucking another dude? she is just waiting to see how this other guy plays out, while keeping you as a back up you do realize this.

• Me and her are both waiting for marriage and i know that is something she won't compromise on

• She is probably just toying with you. I think she is over you but still wants a lot of attention from men, including you. She wants to have her cake and eat it too

• sounds like she's using you as a fallback. like a guy that she can play with when her boyfriends not around. she can probably tell you still like her. Just my honest thoughts there.

• In the back of her mind, you're still there for her... but dude, relationships don't happen in the back of people's minds, do they? I think you gotta move on, because you're just acting like a backup plan for her...

• Maybe this new guy isn't into something that is serious and that she is scared and can't commit so she wants to have fun.

• Just wait. If she cares about you the same, she will come back to you. Some girls are scared about only being with one guy their entire life.

• Ok, with that being said do i keep talking to ger everyday, or ease off on contact so she wonders why im not talking to her?

• yes she does

• Get over it.

• if she still texts and sc u then she still had at least something holding her back

• I'm in a similar situation. My opinion is she still has feelings but may be confused on what it is she truly is wanting. It's sort of the whole "grass is greener thing". I'm not gonna say move on like everyone else because like I said I'm going through this and it's not that simple. My advice would be to find a hobby and focus your energy on that. Give her time to truly miss you, and don't feed into that "I have to respond because she contacted me so she still cares" your only giving her power. Once you let go of what was and focus on you. You'll start to feel better and slowly accept the situation for what it is.

• Hard to say, a little bit of both I guess.

• I'm having the same thoughts with my boyfriend. Since we are both young and already in such a serious relationship it's hard not to get curious about how it would be like with someone else. Of course I love him and he loves me we both always will, we both don't want to lose each other and we both want to end up together but we always both want to explore while we still can. She's probably still talking to you because she doesn't want to lose you completely in case she'll lose you forever.

• You'll never get what you want from it, either accept that or keep repeating it over and over. She will never care, maybe she will but that's like 10yrs from now

• She likes having you as a friend.

• She's moved on sweetie. You need to too

What Guys Said 15

• I mean what are you doing? why are you even keeping contact with her? why must you? I would say don't feel any obligation, you don't have to keep contact with her, she clearly has no feelings for you. Severe all contact with her and enjoy your life in the meantime.

• She's keeping you on her hook is what I think. She likes you, may still have feelings for you, but you're the back up plan at most. She may also be trying to avoid hurting your feelings completely. You can stay friends with her if you can handle it, but if it gets unhealthy in your ability to move on, then cut ties.

• See thats the thing i wholeheartedly believe that she is the one so I can't cut ties with her

• Well, I see only 1 real option and a couple bad ones.
      1) Make a play to win her back. Try to figure out what went wrong with you two, why she likes that guy more, and adjust yourself accordingly. You can ask her straight up or try to find out indirectly. Why did she think things were getting too serious? Were you too needy, were you talking marriage and kids and long term plans... or does she just view you as a friend? Get the info, and figure out a plan of attack if there's actually a chance. Drawback: This may backfire on you and she'll get uncomfortable and won't want to talk/hang out with you anymore.

2) Keep waiting to be the backup plan. it may take years for her to mature and want what you want. If she never comes back, you'll have wasted all this time, heart broken and alone.

3) My only real suggestion is to start skipping a day here and there in your contact routine till you guys go more and more days without contact, give yourself time to adjust and slowly let go.

• If she does come back one day, you can always go back, but don't waste your life sitting at home hoping she comes back if she seems happy with this guy. Just because you guys talk often, doesn't necessarily mean she's not into this new guy.

• She definitely still has feelings for you!

#ProfDonForAdmin

• What about a situation where you are not in a relationship but a general friendship where if you have a falling out and NC she blocks and then unblocks you on Facebook after a few months, but still ignores you, talks to everyone but you and you ave an inkling there's something up.

• Do you know why she hasn't come back to you? because she knows she can have you whenever she wants.
    But The fact of the matter is that she dumped and found your replacement very quickly... I don't know about you, but that means that she didn't have feelings for you.

• Your ex-gf is a loser with commitment issues... let her go... She is just keeping you as a back up...

You have to move on... She doesn't love you!

• She met the guy long before you broke up. When she started to notice things were going bad she talked to him more, and then at one point she broke up with you and got with him. Now you're just a back up. Move on.

• I would suggest, you not to entertain her.. May be she is keeping options.. So help her by removing your opinion from her list...

• No wonder she dumped you. Get some backbone man and start dating other girls. Consider your ex history. She's only keeping you around to keep her ego and conscience intact. And no, she doesn't like you.

• We all feel for you.

• I think you should obey the rules of modern dating. Never, EVER go back to an ex for any reason. There's a reason you broke up. Don't forget that.

• She's trying to rub it in about the new guy. Chicks do it all the time... old hat. Ask her sincerely if you can watch. Tends to shut a bitch up.

• She's using you in case her new boy toy leaves her. Let her go, bro.

• Move on. It never works when you get back with an ex.

• Move on man, she prefers the other guy (which is why she's with him and not you) but still wants to string you along as a backup if things go badly with him. She doesn't respect you, she's not worth your time. Cut contact completely and find another girl.

• Oh boy.. Severe case of oneitis here. I'm really sorry, but she isn't the one. Despite your artificial inflation of her, you have to realize that there are plenty of other women out there that will make you feel the same as when you were in love with your oneitis girl. You're not getting her back. You can and will move on! If you don't, you're setting yourself up for a very slow, miserable path of disappointment and pain.

• I appreciate the comment but you are talking like you are a professional psychologist and im fairly certain you aren't.

• Maybe that's because a professional psychologist would say the same thing, your obsession is unhealthy and you need to move on. I understand the denial, I went through the same shit, it sucks, it hurts and it's difficult. But if you want to ignore my advice and suffer way more than you have to for no reason, go right ahead.