How do you get over someone without cutting them out of your life if you really like them or love them?

My girlfriend broke up with me 1 month ago because she said it was better as friends and I really miss her a lot but I want to move on even tho I like her a lot what can I do
to move on without pushing her out of my life?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• The best thing for you to do is tell her exactly what you want. She can't read your mind and won't know what you want unless you tell her. I was in a relationship for 2 years and 8 months; cutting off connection didn't feel right to me, so I told my ex that I still wanted to be friends and hang out so that everything could feel as normal as possible. I must warn you though, doing this will make the healing process much longer for the both of you. My ex and I are completely over and he understands that. We still talk and take it day by day. By doing this, you guys could get back together in the future, but for now you need to focus on what's best for you and how to accommodate for that. If you other questions or need anything else you can always message me ^^ Remember that distraction is the best remedy for break-ups! Hope this helped :)

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• I am sorry you can't, and even if you could it would be 100 times difficult for you. The best way to get over someone is to break all contact with them, trust me it doesn't do any good to remain friends with someone you dearly loved once.

That's my view but it's subjective to each person, so you do what's best for you.

• it'd b better 2 stay friends wid her actualy...1 day she might come back 2 u, u know...

• I suppose so it's just hard

• guess it's hard coz u see her more than a friend... right?

• That's going to be tough because you're going to be constantly be reminded of them

• Yeah it is tough buddy its shit

• You have to cut her out at least for a while.

• It's hard to but I just don't know how to :(

• Yeah I know buddy

• good luck. it always seems impossible at the time, looking back you'll feel differently.