What to do about living situation with ex?

My ex and I broke up a little over a month ago. It was pretty mutual, she brought it up... And I ran with it. I'm as happy as I've ever been and loving life. The only downside is the 77 days left on our lease... We're actually quite civil and it's not that bad except for one part...

Sleeping. I usually get the bedroom and she gets the couch. Her 7 year old lives with us too. At first we agreed to move his stuff in the master bedroom and I'd move into his old room. She then changed her mind and didn't want to disrupt the kids life. But I HATE the nights I have to sleep on the couch. It sucks. My stuff and Xbox is in the master bedroom. And worse yet... When she's in the room watching TV and the kid is in the living room playing video game where am I supposed to go... I pay over half a grand a month in rent... I want my own room.

What should I do. I plan on talking to her in the next few days. Is it wrong for me to want my own room and move the kids stuff. I feel like since we're done I don't owe her anything. I was unhappy with her for months and months and I don't want to suffer 77 more days.

11

What Girls Said 1

• I am not sure maybe you need to move out!

• I agree. But that would mean giving her over 1000$ for the remainder of our lease.

• Ouch, yeah it best to talk to her str8! If I were you... I would have never moved in with my girlfriend and you should seriously talk with her! That kid has to grow up fast! He can't have everything he wants! I grew up like that when I was younger but the men my mother was with always had their room therefore we never saw him.

What Guys Said 1

• Are you gonna keep the apartment? If not you can start moving out as soon as you can find a place. If she's gonna move out give her the money for the 77 days that are left on the contract and keep the deposit that you have on the apartment.