I was in a very violent relationship in which I got pregnant. The night I told him he punched my in my stomach and said he hopes that kills the baby?

He suffocated me and told me he wants to kill me. I went to the police and he has two pending charges for assault and battery on him. I lost the baby 2 weeks ago not too long after I moved from DC to Florida to be with my family. The court date is July 1st. This has taken a huge emotional toll on me. I have very little money and no job as I just moved here. i have about $800 and I have to pay my car insurance in a week so that will leave me with $600. I am going job hunting today and every day until I find a job to make money. The attorney told me that if I am not present in court on July 1st the charges most likely will be dropped. Should i use that last of the little money I have to buy a ticket and ensure he gets convicted of what he did? Or take my money I have to live on.

• Go to DC and make sure he gets convicted and have no money left
  • Let it be and keep the money I have to start my life over again

411

Most Helpful Guy

• Contact a local news paper and tell them your story. Become locally famous. Get free drive to court.

• That's actually a good idea. Maybe crowdfund it through Facebook.

• Aye, just make sure you never use his name, or you might get the favour returned (slander).

What Guys Said 10

• I personally had - though on a different basis - already a lawcase.

Law is slow. Additionally in my native language there is a saying "Being right and getting right are two different things."

Expecting to get money is pretty much a suicidal mission. You can still have a lawsuit filled to get a restrain order later on when you are back to having a job, etc. - for now though your income and stable life is more important than the hope of something coming out of it.

• Well if he gets convicted that's murder. That would put him away for a very long time protecting women besides yourself from him.

• I think it would be a good idea to go. Take a car if you can though. It will be much less expensive.

• Report him

• dy ou have family or a friend you can stay?

• I think you should just let it go, it's not that serious.

• Its not serious to punch a pregnant woman in the stomach and say I hope that kills the baby and then suffocate me and tell me he wants to kill me? Seriously?

• It's not serious if you're asking about it on this website. If this really happened you would be asking a lawyer or the police. I call troll.

• I have asked the police, and a lawyer and a counselor and they said it was up to me. That if I wanted him convicted I should be there but I dont have much money since I had to leave him and start my life over because he hit me!

• Listen, you have to take blame for putting yourself in this situation. A lot of women go for the abusive types and keep crawling back to them after habitual abuse.

• It's worth losing the money. Make sure you get that man out of your life!

• Oh god, i wish i knew him, would of broke his face with some boxing skills and some taekwondo kicks

• oh my fucking goat. run girl run. he is a psycho. where did you find that creep?

What Girls Said 4

• omg that's terrible! I'd love to see that man in jail but you're more important so you have to keep that money to you until you find a job, I'm so sorry for you i hope everything will be okay 😞

• You need to call the attorney and see how much time he would get, to see if it's even worth the trip.

• I think seeing this through will provide you with some closure on the situation, some justice and it will protect others, if only for a short time. Do you not have a victim of crime compensation type thing in the states?

• You can call the court and be present through a telephone call.