What would be worse ex leaves you for someone better or someone worse?

what would be better? ex leaves you for someone you view as a better option or someone you view as a worse option?

i was thinking about this after a guy at work had his girlfriend leave him for a guy who works at mcdonalds and some people at work were making fun of that. but some others pointed out mcdonalds isn't that bad of a place to work and has benefits and such , either way he still works in fast food where is other guy has a full time job in a manufacturing plant. myself i had one of my ex's leave me for a muscular young police student who was clearly a better option than me and that hurt more that she left for someone better and didn't feel i could be someone worth her time

• worse if they left for a better option
  • wouldn't matter either way it still hurt
  • worse if they left for a worse option
    Vote C

53

Most Helpful Girl

• WOW... what a hard poll!!!

I chose it hurts more when they leave you for a ditch pig. When a guy left me once to choose a girl he married, it made me think about the things I might have lacked and made me want to become a better woman. So I did. When they choose a rat-faced loser, I have to wonder how low I had to go to get their attention. It puzzles me more than hurts, but I usually think it's because they knew they weren't good enough for me, and they had to choose a lesser-attractive awful person to be with to feel as though they were the "better person" in that union, rather than be the "not-so-great-person" other half while being with me.

What Girls Said 4

• If you're going to cheat or leave.. you better be upgrading lol just kidding my best friend and I use to say that all the time when her boyfriend left her for a someone with all kinds of issues lol I say either way it sucks but definitely if the person is worse

• I think it would be worse if they left me for someone worse. At least if they left me for someone better, I could understand it and they'd be improving their life.

• of course id want my ex to live a miserable life without me, so whatever leads him to more unhappiness in the long run.

• Does not matter
    he left me

What Guys Said 3

• There is noone 'better', people are just different.

For instance (in general):
    People with more money are not an. Because they most likely work more and have less free time. They live to work so to speak.

People with less money work to live and value their free time more.

Also people who break up to be better off are not as trustworthy as people who break up because there are irreconcilable differences. They will always be looking to 'upgrade' and are thus golddiggers.

• They are equally bad

• She's dead to me, don't care.