Closure with a bad relationship... why some people refuse?

Even now I seek a sense of closure with this toxic relationship, but he won't give it to me... I know most times people say that we need to find our own closure, and not expect other people to give us such a thing. But when you want that closure, and that other person wants to leave the door open, it is difficult to move forward with that open door still hanging out in the back of your mind. I have a bunch of theories, but this guy, even when I gave him an out, he didn't take it, only to later reject me and use my family as an excuse for doing it. Some of my peers believe he is homosexual, others think he has issues with commitment, and I simply think he never cared for me and only wanted to rush of being wanted... which I'm sure he could get from anyone... Why won't he give me the closure I need?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• To get closure just close it off yourself.. Walk away and stop all contact then you will get free of him... You keep putting yourself in the problem as I see it. You have to let go and then you will get closure. Maybe he did care at one time but it's over...

What Guys Said 2

• The closure is what you need, he doesn't feel the same and plus he may not want the drama that comes along with closures.

• Because fuck you. He doesn't like you. And he owes you nothing.

Welcome to Adulthood.

• Welppp! Thanks for your opinion regardless!

What Girls Said 2

• God, i've only dated two guys in my life and the first one, when I decided to leave, after he was a jerk by the way. Wanted "closure" and "closure" meant trying to convince to stay, why I should stay, talking about every single detail of our relationship, how things would change. Hours and hours of just talking when in my heart I was just done and this was all just a waste of time. This is generally how people who want "closure" are, they don't want closure they want to talk and change things just because they're ready to move on with their lives and you're not yet. Just because you're in a relationship, it doesn't mean someone isn't entitled to change their mind and move on with their life without giving you what you need to move on with yours, everyone is different.

• Life is not a bus, closure won't automatically happen at the press of a button by a third party.

Sure, the person who opened it was an inconsiderate fuck for leaving it open, but what else would you expect from an inconsiderate fuck in the first place?

If you want closure, you make it happen yourself.