What made you leave your ex and how are you coping?

I tolerated a lot of shit with hopes our relationship would work. Once I discovered that he was cheating on me with transsexuals and unprotected that was the last fucking straw. I'm a lot happier now since I left him. There's nothing worse than being in a relationship that makes you insecure and cannot trust your partner. I feel relieved .

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Taking his shit all the damn time. I was physically and mentally abused. Being too nice in a relationship gets you nowhere, esp if the man is psychotic. I'm glad you left this cheating savage of a man. Absolutely disgusting.

• I can relate as he beat on me too. I think we're both lucky to have these pieces of shit out of our lives.

• Thank you for the MHO! And we definitely are lucky. Hopefully a better man comes into our lives.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, since you asked...

My ex wife:
    - cheated on me with many men
    - denied me sex
    - abandoned me and our 3 year old son
    - turned herself out as a prostitute
    - offered to get back together with me "all things forgiven" PROVIDED I agreed to a open marriage.

I divorced her and obtained custody of my son. As for my reason for leaving... take your pick.

That was back in 2003-2004. The week my divorce became final I joined eHarmony. In January of 2005, I met my future wife. Eighteen months later we were married.

@GraySailorsBride and I are celebrating our aniversary this month, nine happy years married -- the honeymoon continues.

• I left my ex when I found out she was on dating sites talking to guys and trying to meet up with them. It was easy to cope because I have already decided not to invest that much emotion in someone until they have proven themselves worthy

• guess he wasn't tellin u, coz he was afraid how would u take t, if he mentioned he had "unprotected" sex

What Girls Said 3

• He cheated on me numerous amount of times, I was stupid indeed. Kept giving him chances like a psycho, but it was high school and I thought I "needed" him, after I definitely had enough and left- even with him crying his eyes out. No fucks given haha It's been about 3 years since then though haha and the only thing I wish is that I dumped him sooner.

• Mmmm he always acused me of cheating, he hit me and liked to call me a n**, cunt, and a bitch.
    so i beat the shit out of him and left.
    Oh well.

• Why does it matter that they were transexuals? why couldn't you leave it at he was cheating on you with other people? Anyway I broke up with mine because I found out he was homophobic and genocidal.