Im finding it hard to stop thinking about emotional abuse?

me and my ex went out for a few months. He started getting really abusive to me caling me all sorts of names, and being controlling. I kept going back because he kept apologising, but everything was my fault.. there was norecognition of his mistakes.. he just kept calling me names. We decided to give it one more go and again, he starts. This time saying he would never introduce me to his family because im a liability, he thretens to hit me if i ever cheat (not that i would).. anyway. He keeps being horrible and i told him to leave me alone and i hate him, that i dont love him anymore. He then proceeded to be vile in saying that im ugly and fat. If i call him back after calling me, he shouts at me? Leaves me abusive messages. etc.
I have blocked him and am attempting to move on,, but im scared. Really scared he's going to stalk me or whatever. he's got previous convictions for beating girls up. and im so scared.

63

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in your position a couple of years ago. It took me about a year to get over the emotional abuse but trying to move on with life is the best you can do. Counselling may help too.
    My ex did kind of stalk me but it was to beg for me back, not to harm me. If he begs for you back, stand your ground and refuse, no matter how much you want to take him back. You know it's not the right thing to do and you'll thank yourself later.
    If you feel your ex will harm you, contact the police, explain your situation so they're aware of him and what's going on. Maybe get an officers number. Then if he comes near, you could ring up and tell them he's there and it's scaring you. Get a restraining order if he doesn't leave you alone.
    Stay strong. You will get through this and he will eventually leave you alone. You'll find much better relationships and true love in future. :)

What Guys Said 3

• if he does anything nasty on u like beatin u up, or threat u, i believe u should report him asap...

• You need to protect yourself if he was convicted of assault in the past. So you need to start the process of getting a restraining order against him. Than you need to tell your friends and family about whats going on.

• my family know but I've been arguing back a bit with him to make him leave me alone. Which I shouldn't have done, but anyway, now I am going to keep a log of if he messages me or anything. Thank you for the advice x

• You need to kick the guy to the curb and don't look back. If he starts to stalk you tell him you will introduce him to your biker friends and let them sort it all out.

What Girls Said 5

• You should go stay with a friend for a while.
    It is very possible that he will snap.
    Consider going to the police to get a restraining order.

• Make your friends aware, I've been in a slightly different situation like this, just keep your friends and family close, because in fact, he is afraid too, to lose you. If he loses you, he turns it into anger, because boys need a way to expres their emotions.

• He has 1000000% lost me lol. But still not acceptable if he is getting angry in front of me. Thank you anyway x

• girl, if he is abusing your emotional , u bet he can beat you. you are strong and sure you are a very beautiful lady that any man would be lucky to have. so if you feel like he is stalking you, u better get a restraining order. And if he begs you and you take him back again then you are asking for it. XOXO

• sweety listen to me make sure u have the police on ur cellphone so if you need it u can call them. if he is every around u and abuses you i want you to try to escape and call the cops and tell them that he is abusing you and that you need help right away then tell them where you are and say please come quick

i hope i helped you

• I will. Promise. I am not giving him an oppourtunity to get close to me.. xx

• thank you. its just an overwhelming fear that he will try and get to me :( x

• trust me with my edvice he won't be able to :)

• Try talking to a counsellor? Helped for me!