Does he want me back or is he stringing me along?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up a month ago after a 2 year relationship. He says he still loves me and he misses me. He has called me just about every day since the break up and just casual talks. These calls can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. How do I know if this is a sign he wants me back or if he is just stringing me along in case whatever he is doing doesn't work out. I am confused. I would like to get back together but not under the wrong terms.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try and turn that conversation into a meeting. Because if he is just calling you and showing now real interest, other than SAYING he misses you, he may be stringing you along.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he's open to the idea. He's probably doing a lot of inner reflection right now. He may not yet be sure, but he knows that his life is better with you in it. Looks like he's taking it slow and that's a good thing.

• Please be careful with keeping in contact with him because this may hurt later on, no one really knows his intentions right now but himself. This happened to me right after my girlfriend dumped me, she kept on contacting me for about a month and half until I told her to stop calling me, because of the head games she was playing with me. This just worsens the pain in the end, they want you around but don't want you around fully in a relationship. Just ignore him and heal yourself trust me.

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with OceanLab45, he is using this an attempt to keep you as a back up. He is probably seeing others girls and if those fizzle out then he will revert to you. I think if he wanted to reconcile, he would discuss it further and not play the texting game (too impersonal).

• Yeah guys tend to do this after a break up...try to be friends again...but most times it fails because you end up being Friends with Benefits, which never work out. Or you can just be friends but the feelings and emotions when you were together will always spring back on you...

• i agree with the ladies. He's just keeping you as a back-up. Because if he really wanted to be with you he wouldn't have broken up with you and he certainly wouldn't be wasting time he'd be back with you again already.

• He's keeping his "options" open just in case he can't find another fish to fry. JMO!