I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years but I still love him (and I know how horrible this sounds)! I don't know what to do?

So I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years a couple days ago, we live together so I'm still at the house because I haven't found another place to go. I broke up with him because our relationship is just to unheathly for us... We have both lost ourselves, we don't know what we like to do anymore, we both aren't independent, we are constantly getting into fights, I like to go out and hang out with friends and drink (I just turned 21) and he just doesn't like to go out with me and won't let me go alone and we both just haven't been happy for a while.
Well at first he was accepting of it and said he just wanted me to be happy but last night we talked about it and he keeps saying that h wants one last try to make this better and that he loves me and he started crying (I've never seen him cry before). The thing is that I love him too... He's my first love and I would still do anything and everything for him... But I'm not happy and I don't know if there is fixing out relationship anymore. Im exhausted with trying to make it work and it blows up in our faces everytime. I don't know if I should just break it off or give him our relationship one last chance?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• You should move out anyway and then basically start over. Being at your own place will give you a chance to be objective about your feelings for him and to realize what you want for yourself.

What Guys Said 4

• Not that my opinion is any more valid than another, but I do have one. As I was reading what you wrote in your question I heard, "I want to party and I want him with me!* but I also heard from him "I love this woman with all of my heart and I want her to be happy, I am not the partying type and I don't want her to be, she will come back when she is done." Then he realizes that is probably a dream. He will not change, but neither will you. A healthy relationship is about compromises. I love my wife because she is overbearing and controlling, I love her because she tends to get loud and verrrryyyyy chatty when she drinks. I do not love her because she is beautiful, I do not love her because she is great in bed. Those are just a bonus. I love her bevause of her flaws and for thay reason I compromise the small thinhs that irritate me to stay with her.

• Nothing much you can do if he doesn't want to get back together

• Just reconcile! :D

• Give him a last chance as it seems that's what you want anyway. No regrets later. That's worse. And ''people never change'' is bs

What Girls Said 1

• If you end it, eND IT!
    Guys never change and if he is pissing you off enough that you dump his ass, you should stick with that