Should I send a message to say thank you/bye?

My ex and I broke up about a week ago, after 2 years together. In that time he's called me once and we talked about how we felt, and he sent a message saying how he was feeling upset. I feel the breakup has been quite 'easy' and mutal, I think we both understand while we had a good time together, we aren't suited as life long partners.

Today I picked my stuff up from his place. He was at work, though I feel he had probably wanted to see me as we broke up on the phone. Anyway, would it be okay if I text him and say: thanks for leaving the stuff out, and that I'll always be there if he ever needs me?

I dont expect a response, but I want to leave on pleasent terms with him which I feel we have done so far. I want him to know I care (from a ditance at least) So, would it be silly to send a message like this?

• Yes, it doesn't hurt to send it
  • No, keep it to yourself

21

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Easy and mutual...
    You both have left on good terms it seems here, dear. And with the hardest part over, 'I picked my stuff up from his place,' sending him a Text that Implies Friendship even, lets him know that with the history you both shared That... You still care and will always be there.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand with the man.:)) xx

• Aww, you're so sweet! Great advice too, thank you!

• Oh, thank you much, sweetie, so are you here, dear.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah just do it, you had a great relationship so why not stay great friends?

What Girls Said 1

• If you want to stay in good terms, do it. :)