How can I get my boyfriend back?

We were dating for 2 months (I know that isn't SO long), but it was absolutely the greatest relationship I've had. He's everything I could ever ask for, except for the fact that he hasn't had real relationship experience before, so he's never loved before, so he's unsure what love is, when he's feeling it, etc. Nearly every moment we had together was blissful, funny, emotionally intimate & close, fun, sexy. Friends & even complete strangers would make commentary on us (before we were even together (including the day we met) saying we definitely should be together. Half way through the relationship he finished a semester of college and went back home for the summer, about 3 hrs away. Before he left he was so excited to be with me, he said he would never want to hurt me, he said I was the girl he'd always wanted/dreamed of, he said we were meant to find each other. that I was perfect for him, and that we'd call and text and Skype all the time and I'd visit every couple of weeks. But once he left, there was only me texting, me calling, etc. A week in, he said he was having a funk & needed space, so I gave him space & when we talked a few days later he apologized for any confusion. Then I visited him, & things were fantastic. But I kind of moved too quick, got lost in my emotions, told him I loved him & he didn't say it back, but he said he eventually would. He wasn't upset, he actually seemed kind of happy that I said it. The visit was great. When I left he said I'd be back in two weeks. We talked, but he still wasn't contacting me most of the time unless I initiated, I tried to ask him about it, and it sort of changed &he assured me I wasn't being too much. We both have anxiety things here and there, but we both help each other through it. Suddenly a few days ago, after having a great hour long conversation, we hung up and had an awful fight through text. He said that all his feelings about me changed, that I depend on him emotionally, later he broke up w/ me.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's a tough one, however I can understand why he broke up with you, so you see the message is clear in that, and plus he doesn't want you to keep waiting for him, not depend on him like that. No doubts things were good between you both, but in my view I think you rather have him as a best friend instead of a lover or a boyfriend, because I am not how long you have to wait, and plus he doesn't know about his feelings either so are you willing to wait for him hoping that one day he'll love you? remember you can't make someone like you or love you, feelings can't be forced , so are you willing to wait for such a person to come to you tell you that he loves you as well? Do you still want to wait.

If yes then I wish you good luck.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he's truly lost. I would give him space to see if not being w/ you is what he really wants. I mean you mentioned that he's not sure what love is, so maybe you guys were going too fast for his pace? I don't know- I could be wrong.

• you should ignore him and he will come to you.