I am really starting to miss him?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 months over two weeks ago now. He was super needy and obnoxious and whiny on top of not being super attractive. Rationally I know im better off wI tho it him but I really miss him. I don't know if I miss him or being in a relationship and being able to cuddle and tell someone I love them even if I'm not 100% sure it's true. I've met this new guy and I really like him (I fall for people pretty easily, it's rather unfortunant and also part of why I broke up with him, I always felt like I was missing out on something because I was with him) when I'm with New Guy Im not really thinking about old guy, but whenever I take a second and pause I can still feel the dull ache of missing him. New Guy makes me happy but I know he doesn't think as much of me as I do of him, which happens a lot. What can I do? I don't know how to stop missing him. And I don't know why I miss him either, I felt so trapped in that relationship and I went from fully recovered from depression to slipping back into it with him.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it takes breaking it off and taking a break with someone who Is... Super needy and obnoxuous and whiny... To make us realize what we lost.
    You have found out that you are Missing the Kissing , that in fact, you Really Weren't "missing out' on Nothing but being with him right now. I also believe that you have this Rebound Robert and that you are Not ready for another relationship right now.
    This is telling me, without being etched in stone, that perhaps you are either Missing someone whom you were comfy with or because you don't Have him right now, it's the thoughts of a chase with someone you Feel, knowing he wasn't right for you,' of getting him back and maybe finding out then Again... I went from fully recovered from depression to slipping back into it with him.
    Go slow with the flow with your newbie so nothing gets botched up. If you feel that you are 'Slipping back' with him too, break it off, stay single and focus on your own life.
    I wouldn't say go right and try and hook again with what you found wasn't good with from the start. However, if you and the First one did end up to be friends, no harm in this. Just make sure nothing here, dear, screws up your own head and life.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• you broke up with him for a reason... and missing him is not a bad thing.. you were with him for some time... but everyone is different... you cannot compare them.. you said this yourself that he was super needy.. so ofcourse you did not like that.. then why are you finding the same trait in the new guy.. you can move on or do anything.. but b sure as hell that you are not doing it because of the old guy...

• co-dependent, it sounds like. go find a nice man. not this one