He broke up with me assuring me that I did nothing wrong and that he still wants me in his life, but then started treating me like crap?

He is very mean to me and he keeps treating me like dirt, even tho I did absolutely nothing wrong during the relationship and after the breakup, we stayed friends. Why is he doing this?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks his X so-called Care to Dare in your heart, there is Now motive in mind when it comes the time when He may Be... Very mean to me.
    With no strings attached here, dear, no being hooked at the hip like before, he is taking your 'We stayed friends' and is now turning into a situation which he feels he has control Of... In other words, he is pulling the puppet strings.
    He knows you are Friends with or without benefits and with this in his head, he can be the Master of this domain, treat you the way he wants to, and knows you will put up with it because apparently, you are Continuing to let him be 'Treating me like dirt.'
    Don't be his Enabler in This relationship. You say you did 'Absolutely nothing wrong' when you were two birds of a feather so why Allow yourself to Keep picking up the problem path pieces of having him henpeck you to death even now?
    Set him straight with telling him you are Not his door mat and if he doesn't heed to your wary Warning... Give him his walking papers and fly south.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• Cut him out
    Simple and plain... If someone doesn't respect you why remain friends?

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe he's just finding it really difficult to be friends and is pushing you away, whether he realises it or not. But you shouldn't have to put up with someone treating you badly, if it upsets you just drop him and move on, you'll be happier in the long run :)

• Yeah I did many times I tell him to leave me alone and then he gets mad because I said that. Then he would keep calling me trying to "make it up" and he would be sweet few days and then be mean again. I know, I don't want to do anything with him anymore and I am ignoring him now. But I just wonder why is he acting like this...

• Good answer. It's hard... But doable. Let him unwind emotionally. Then see what happens.

• Please just remember that a leopard never changes its spots.. He will forever by mean to you, and will always treat you like dirt.. Something worth considering perhaps!

• move on, this one's just a coward that doesn't want to own up to dumping you. find someone more mature

• Maybe he feels guilty at something? It can always be hard to be friends with someone that you have broken up with especially straight away. Try giving it a bit of time and maybe he will stop but it may mean giving eachother some space.

• anyone that has the nerve to show you their ass to kiss does not deserve to be in your life, move on you will manage somehow with out them...