How do I stop thinking about an ex and feel better about myself?

My first boyfriend broke up with me three months ago. I keep thinking about him. I tried to get back together with him a few times, but he doesn't think we will work. Other guys have asked me out, and I dream about other guys, but I see my ex when I go to marching band, and I keep thinking about him. We haven't talked much since the breakup because he says if we don't talk it will help me to get over him faster and that it isn't healthy to talk. Please help me with tips on what I should do now to forget about him.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• It appears, @laurencool2, to be what I see as A... First love. And with this, a First Kiss probably too, it may take ages to... Get over him.
    It's too soon to try and even be with anyone else, feeling as you do. Even if someone has 'Asked me out' and you did accept, you are Not Ready Nor... Raring.
    Taker your time, lick your war wounds. This EX has definitely Marked an X in your softie spot. It took many years, way out of High school, to find a closure to close the Chapter of a Cinderella and Prince Charming story.
    Time does heal all wounds. Every day may get a little easier on the heart. However, the memories never totally diminish and through life, being he is Your type, you will be comparing Them to him... For a while anyways.
    For now, no contact and stay away is the Best from the Rest 'Tips' I can advise. Try and avoid him as much as possible, absorb yourself in studies and some sort of social life so you don't end up a Wallflower at home in doom and gloom.
    BTW: Just a little consolation. What I wanted at 14, I surely wouldn't look at now.
    Good luck, I feel you, I was Once there. xx

• ... It took me many years that is way out of High School. xx

What Guys Said 3

• This is a lot more common with 1st and second relationships, because of the lack of experience. I think just go on with life because he doesn't want to get back together and the sooner you realise that the quicker you can move on. clearly other guys want you so look at the positives. Best of luck it can be hard getting over previous relationships

• since he doesn't want 2 talk wid u, and he's tellin u 2 forget him as well, then it'll b better 2 realise dat this guy's not for u i believe... :|

• You need a rebound

What Girls Said 3

• It's tough babe. You keep yourself busy and eventually you'll move on. Go through the motions and the rest will follow.

• Go out with your friends. Travel and do stuff that you like doing. You won't forget him any sooner but eventually you will. Embrace the pain and dont deny your feelings.

• Start dating again. Best way is to replace him