Guys, Double standards?

Why when a man cheats on his woman, the woman can find it in her heart to forgive him and take him back, but as soon as a woman cheats on her man, the man is ready to leave, not trying to at least fix things or forgive his woman? I feel this is unfair of some men.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first of all you man and woman are two different genders and hence they think and behave differently, for example say the same feeling of love for a woman would be different and for a man it would be different, I mean the level would be different even though it is love for both, plus a man reacts to a situation in a relationship in a different way than a woman and most important point is women have more emotional quotient then men. I mean the percentage of emotional quotient is higher than men for sure.

However I understand what you are saying, but I would say not all guys are like that, yes what you are saying probably applies to men who have high principles, standards yes they don't tolerate these kind of things even for a second as such men believe strongly they don't need such women in their lives. On the other hand there are men who try to fix things, they do forgive women who cheat on them. Hence, you see it all depends on the man, as to what his principles are, standards are. No, I am not saying men who forgive easily have low standards, I don't mean that.

I hope you understood my point.

What Guys Said 16

• Cheating is terrible in any case. In your question, do you mean both man and woman had cheated or was it like two separated situations?

Anyway, there is some genetic programming that is different for males that could help to understand why it is harder for males to fix things.

Were us all cavemen / primal, if a male have sex with a female not in his own "flock", his seeds would be spread and his genes would have more chances to continue to exist. But if the female who was part of the male's flock had received the seeds of another male, he would reject her because it would not be his genes to be taken care of, so he would not want to protect her anymore in raising some other male's breeding.

We are not bound by our instincts anymore, but this kind of programming has its consequences deep down there (more as a tendency, not as a law).

• in my opinion it's because women are emotionally weak and attach themselves to men naturally because women need men psychologically. Women seem to be a lot more miserable than men are when they're single, and seem to always need more than just flings to keep them truly satisfied.

Men, on the other hand, don't necessarily need a woman emotionally. The only miserable single men that I've seen are ones that aren't getting any sex; Single men who get it regularly aren't exactly miserable. Two different biological entities with two different needs.

I don't find it too common that a woman doesn't leave a guy who cheated on her, but then again I've never exactly cheated on someone.

• I guess another reason could be fatherhood in that if a woman fucks 2 guys and gets pregnant, she will most likely tell her boyfriend that it's his to cover up the fact that she cheated on him, which isn't fair.

• Only spineless people forgive about cheating. It's not a double standard guys do it as well unfortunately. Don't take a guy back if he cheated on you. Once a cheater always a cheater.

• women are more forgiving when it comes to infidelity...(not all) and its their choice... But most men can't forgive cause its all about the ego...

And by the way the women should fix the problem in the relationship and not cheat... why would anyone wanna fix problems after the person gets cheated... the women has a choice to not cheat... and make an effort in fixing the problem...

then only the man won't leave her...

• Honesty there should be a double standard. If you are cheated on, you should kick the cheater to the curb and completely cut them off. Anyone one who takes a cheater back is asking to be cheated on again. Cheating is a complete violation of trust, is beyond dishonest and is one of the most disrespectful things a person can do. Also, when it comes right down to it, when you take a cheater back you are proving that you have little to no self respect and self worth.

• I couldn't agree more. Although I do feel there are curtain circumstances that may lead to cheating and can be forgiven

• I agree. I just believe sometimes things happen and everyone deserves a second chance

• I can agree that some people deserve second chances. But, I think that you still have to have your limits. Cheating, stealing and putting myself, my family or my friends are the kind of things that I will never give someone a second chance on. Because in my eyes those kind of things are so wrong that they do not deserve a second chance.

• I think this can be attributed to the vestiges of a male dominated culture that viewed woman as property. Frankly, we would all be a lot better off if neither side cheated.

• not all guys behave this way u know...

• Obviously. So im talking about the ones that do.

• either they feel guilty bout wot they did, so they chicken out speakin 2 her again... or they simply just don't care for wot they did...

• Most guys that think this way, think this way because finding someone to cheat with, is easier for women.

Sad but true.

#ProfDonForAdmin

• The thing is it isn't unfair.
    It's vise versa, If a man gives you his ALL it means he REALLY! Loves you and this goes through any relationship wether it be first, third, last etc.
    But if a women cheats on him it just makes him feel that he wasted his time and he Gave his all which is a hard thing to do for us Guys cos the [GAY] stigma or [Nice Guy].
    But if it's vice versa it's almost always that the women/girl doesn't feel LOVE more than when it's a man and she wouldn't do EVERYTHING! for him cos she know's He most probably will dump you.

To wrap up:
    A man gives his pride which is like giving his soul.
    A women feels heartbreak which is fixable and doesn't corrupt much.

• Were the man and we make the rules. Don't like it? Find a man with no balls who will bow down to your cheating ways.

• Any and every cheater should get what he/she deserves... You know what they say, once a cheater, always a cheater.

• The problem here is that forgiveness is a mercy, not a requirement, and there is no standard for irony.

• But how do you expect someone to forgive you if you can't forgive someone? Everyone makes mistakes and will need forgiveness at some point.

• No you won't.

• Well, if you say so, then it must be true. So I guess I won't die either alone or fat. I wonder which...

• I think it is weird that the girls would give the guy a second chance

• Cheating is always wrong.

For both genders, I expect the cheated party to leave. If they stay they're fucking idiots.

• I believe cheating is wrong as well. And I also feel that if a person is unhappy in their relationship, they should leave instead of cheating but sometimes shit happens. You shouldn't quit on that person unless its an on going thing then no.

• That is such bullshit, I don't know one woman who has forgave a guy after he cheated.

• Now that is total bullshit! Because I see it almost everyday. And just because you don't any women who would doesn't mean it isn't happening.

• I didn't say it never happened, I am saying that it rarely does, and just because you see happen "everyday" doesn't mean it's the norm. And let me guess, you are a cheater who got caught and your ex broke up with you and now you are mad that he left you?

• Lmaooo you're a funny guy but no I've never cheated. But I've had friends who've been cheated on and I've known people who've cheated on their S/O.

• If someone is not committed to be in a relationship then it was probably never meant to be in the first place.