I feel like I need to separate with my boyfriend but I love him too much. What should I do?

My boyfriend and I have dated for about a year and 2 months. I'm an INFJ Libra/Scorpio cusp, and he's and ESFJ Aries. We are both about to go into our first year of college. I love him with all of my heart and care about him so so much, but he's rather shallow. I consider myself a rather complex person, and every time I try to have a conversation with him about something other than daily gossip or cars, he's not interested. We don't have a mental or spiritual connection which is something i need. Our personalities just dont work! He wants to get married and have kids, and i dont want to be married and i don't like kids. Every thing he values most i don't care about, and vice versa. I don't think i'll be happy if i stay with him because I'm not reaching my potential, and i know i won't be happy if we break up. He is my best friend after all. I feel like i've outgrown our relationship. I'm about to go to college and i'm a lot more mature than him. He told me he was going to change and try to have a connection but its wrong to ask him to change, right? Its so hard because I love him so much but i feel like i'm missing that connection! I need more. Should I wait it out and see if he really can change, ask him to take a break, or just break up with him?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• give him a chance.. but the last one..

What Guys Said 4

• you two don't seem compatible, just break it up and meet all the new potential in college life.

• The pain is temporary and is necessary in order for both of you to find the people you need to be with.

• Dump him and cut off contact so you get used to life is like without him. Eventually, you'll stop thinking about what could be.

• Just leave him.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!