Is this an okay way to break up with my boyfriend?

I'm gonna break up with my boyfriend and I think I'm gonna say this "hey um this is gonna be really really hard for me but I don't think I can continue the relationship, I don't want to lose you as a friend, and because I would rarely get to see you I would miss you to much, I still love you but I don't think I can keep this relationship going"

62

Most Helpful Girl

• yes that's a good way you're being honest

What Guys Said 2

• that sounds perfectly fine.

• If you mean the friendship part, bc the one thing I hate for a woman to do to me is lie. But all that seems ok

• I want to stay friends

• well then make sure you mean it bc most girls say that then they feel awkward and end up not doing so!

What Girls Said 5

• Well put, sweetie.
    You are seeing here, dear, that LDR is not for you and with being an Honest John Jenny, you are mature enough to let Go now, rather than in a Text or call elsewhere.
    Good luck. xx

• What is LDR?

• lol... Long distance relationship, I am assuming it could turn out you are in or maybe just not going to see one another as often as you would want because of something else. xx

• I don't think it's a good idea staying friends with your ex. And it doesn't make sense, you love him, but don't want a relationship, but still want to be friends. These things don't really go together. Make up your mind.. what you really want.

• Sounds good.

• Here is my question, can you see him date other women WITHOUT getting jealous? Think about it before you end it. Most women don't and then try to get them back. If you say yes, than yes thats a good thing to say to him.

• It's enough.