Guys, How can you tell if your ex will maybe want you back or if he is just trying to be friendly?

My ex wants to meet up as friends to see if there is a way we could work. He was adamant that he didn't want to be in a relationship and he said we didn't work but we were together for three years. However, since saying that we met up and he was very chatty and making jokes, he told me opinions on some private things to do with his closest friends, he teased me about my hairstyle, he commented on how I looked like I had been working out and he said he really enjoyed hanging out. The only thing is, it was so difficult to tell if this is him being a friend or if maybe I resparked his feelings a bit. He wants to meet up again next week but I told him that if in a few weeks we don't have any romantic feelings then we can't hang out as friends anymore and he looked hurt. What does all this mean he wants? How can I win back his heart?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• of he got hurt after u said this, then i believe he likes u even more than a friend ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I think he got hurt because you sort of like rejected him, or he felt like that. Yes it's possible maybe he started liking you, I mean the beginning phase. However I am unable to understand, do you want to friends with him atleast? I am not for hanging out or something like that, just friends? or do you not want him in your life at all?

It's also possible he just wanted friendship from you but when you said no, he would have got hurt but you can never know the truth, unless you speak to him about it.

• It would take a definitive "I want to get back together" plead for me to know

• Give it some more time and see what happens between you two.

There is definitely something there.

• I ran into my ex.. I asked her how she was etc .. we didn't want to break up but had to. I told her I miss her still think about her here and there. I didn't bring up any future dates to meet up or any reconciliation. That was me being friendly.