How to get over someone?

What is the best way to get over someone if the feelings just keep coming back?

I haven't had any contact with him for almost two years... Even tried to date someone else a year ago, but really have no issue being alone. I don't know why these feelings just won't die... I feel pathetic that it has continued for so long 😕

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Rebounds or typically people you use to get over an ex are a NO GO. I tried that with an ex once and I ended up getting even more hurt because I had to dump the new girl.

The best thing to do is cut contact with them completely and spend time working on yourself and things you like.

You need to come to a point where you're centred in life and self-dependent.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, that what I keep always and once again I am saying this. Don't keep any contact with that person, don't accept if they say " let's be friends". You have to convince yourself that the person doesn't exist anymore, and soon you will get over it. You have to cut yourself off all those feelings that are coming back, and the above mentioned way will work but you need to be strong, very strong.

• Have you tried counselling? I ended up having to go to counselling after my fiance left me, and it helped enormously. The first session I could barely get any words out for crying, but by the end a few months later, things had improved dramatically.

I also tried dating someone else to try get over it, but it didn't help.

Don't worry, when you give your heart to someone, it does take time to get over them, you are not alone in this. :)

• it's clichéd but true... find someone new... as soon as you divert your attention towards some1 else, memories of your current crush would gradually go away...

• Yeah... or they'll end up being more pronounced to the point you'll have to end it with the new person and be hurt again.

• touché...

• Involve yourself in something new, work on self improvement. But whatever you do, do not try getting over someone by involving yourself with someone new. It never works and almost always backfires. I wish you the best!

• How? It takes time.

What Girls Said 4

• Although No contact is probably the best trick in the book, this doesn't mean that... These feelings will die tomorrow.
    If you find this is happening, you have tried everything then it is true love for sure and no one will be able to take his place right now because... You are Not ready for a steady Eddie.
    Although it Has been a Month of Mondays and apparently still counting here, dear, you may find that you haven't found a closure just yet to close this chapter of your life.
    It took me 7 years to get over a First Love and the day I was able to move on, God brought us together one night before he was to marry and this is When... I was able to let go and let God.
    You haven't found anyone just yet who can compare to the skeleton in your closet. It has rattled you and with you trying to 'Date someone,' will only Haunt you more every time you open the door.
    You are comparing everyone to him and I know the feeling, I did this too.
    However, what I wanted Then, I would never look at now and after This... It was a walk in the park instead of the dark.
    Good luck. xx
    Good luck. xx

• Realized that there's so much more to life than being sad over someone who wasted a good future with you. There's a lot of wonderful time to be spent discovering yourself. You don't need a rebound. You have to get through it on your own. Fill yourself with love, not anyone else. Become a whole being on your own. Live for yourself and be happy on your own. You gotta learn to love YOURSELF more so next time you enter a new relationship you have more to offer and you'd be wiser than ever. 😊

• By being with someone else.

• Find someone else who makes you feel even better